What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iphone-ipad wfi

buffcar1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok how come my iPhone can't find my iPad 2 wireless and connect the two together. I am on the Verizon 4g. Or the opposite iPad can't find iPhone. What am I doing wrong.

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tell us how you are doing it and we'll tell you what you are doing wrong...

Presume you are able to tether on your data plan? You are using 'personal hotspot' to connect too?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
buffcar1 said:
Ok how come my iPhone can't find my iPad 2 wireless and connect the two together. I am on the Verizon 4g. Or the opposite iPad can't find iPhone. What am I doing wrong.

Verizon 4G with iPhone? Are you on a paid tethering plan via your iPhone ?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am still confused as to what you are trying to achieve now you've thrown the MiFi router into the equation too.... can you not be a bit more specific?

Either way, a few thoughts to put out there in case they help:

MiFi router - iPad and iPhone should be able to connect to this and use the data connection, likewise laptop etc. could connect to it too

iPhone - if you have tethering in your price plan then you can activate the personal hotspot and then connect the iPad to this hotspot so you an use the phone's data connection on the iPad. Again, same applies to any other device e.g. laptop you want to tether your phone to in order to share the data connection

iPad- I'm not sure there is a personal hotspot option (don't think there is on my iPad 1), so nothing will be able to connect to the 'wireless' of you iPad. If there is an option for personal hotspot on your iPad then you could connect e.g. your laptop to it in order to use the data connection

Does that help?

Most reactions

Latest posts