What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone/iPad message help

taunall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a small problem with my I Phone 6lte people that don't have iMessage I can't communicate with them cause for some reason my phone chooses who it wants to txt and who it wants to iMessage how do I fix this problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T

taunall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone help me

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have a small problem with my I Phone 6lte people that don't have iMessage I can't communicate with them cause for some reason my phone chooses who it wants to txt and who it wants to iMessage how do I fix this problem

Go to Settings > Messages and make sure you you have "Send as SMS" turned on.

iMessages only works between Apple's products; iOS and OS X. When you attempt to send a message to a phone other than an iPhone, the Messages app will automatically use SMS instead; if the feature is turned on.

You must have SMS service from your provider.

You can't normally communicate with non-iPhones from the iPad, but if you have the iPhone 6 and use the same Apple ID on both it and the iPad (set up in the Messages Settings), then your iPad can use the iPhone to send and receive SMS messages.

Both devices must be on iOS 8 or later for this to work.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved these posts to their own thread where they'll receive more attention.

Most reactions

Latest posts