What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone & iPad are Criticized Secretly Tracking Users’ Location Datas

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Hmm, well you must have seen what happens to all his close personal friends!

The Archangel

Sorry for delay in response.....just awoke form a coma.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

martincrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We can make some comments on that, but the question is why Apple need that information and what the reason behind this act. They want to track the location of users, for what.

cjoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh well they can only track me at wifi spots and when I am using astronomy apps and my gps device. hello big brother here I am!!!:D Woo Hooo

Reaction score
martincrow said:
We can make some comments on that, but the question is why Apple need that information and what the reason behind this act. They want to track the location of users, for what.

cjoy said:
Oh well they can only track me at wifi spots and when I am using astronomy apps and my gps device. hello big brother here I am!!!:D Woo Hooo

Apple does not track the location of the user. It keeps a record of where the iOS device has located a radio mast, or a Wifi network. So the next time an iOS device sees the same radio mast/wifi, the device can guess it's current location. Apple does this to build up a database cheaply, because this way any iOS device can find it's current location, whenever it is in a place where another iOS user has been before.

cjoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the information, can always learn something. I was trying to be funny though!:)

Most reactions

Latest posts