What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iphone connect to iPad

Archer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Can I use the camera kit to connect my iPhone to my wifes ipad to load pictures direct from Iphone to iPad rather than have to get the laptop out to transfer them between them.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Archer said:
Hi

Can I use the camera kit to connect my iPhone to my wifes ipad to load pictures direct from Iphone to iPad rather than have to get the laptop out to transfer them between them.

Might be less expensive to buy the "photo transfer" app from the app store and will accompolish what you want. You will have to install on both devices. Fortunately you only have to pay once for installing on both devices.

quinconces

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Archer said:
Hi

I bought the kit for exactly that purpose. It did not work. And Apple said that it would never work. They refunded the money and
bollocked the ' genius' that sold it to me.

OP
A

Archer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for the replies,

For bluetooth transfer i turn bluetooth on on both ipad and iphone then how do I actual transfer the images accross?

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to get the app for both in order to do it over BT

happy123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
apple-zones.blogspot.com
Hi

I also think the problem,but it does not work,maybe I have done some thing wrong,but someone can tell me the steps?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I bought the kit for exactly that purpose. It did not work. And Apple said that it would never work. They refunded the money and
bollocked the ' genius' that sold it to me.

If you're talking about the $30 Apple CCK, the answer is yes from my experience.

I have the $30 CCK, iPhone 4S and iPad 1 and 2, and I regularly use the CCK to transfer photos from iPhone to iPad. This is how it works:

-- I plug in the CCK to iPhone and iPad, and it automatically displays all photos from my iPhone on my iPad screen as thumbnails.

-- On iPad, it auto-prompts me to import all or some of those images. I can choose by tapping on individual photos, or import all.

-- If I choose to import all, it auto-prompts and lets me know if some of those images are already on my iPad, and asks whether I still want to import them all (creating duplicates on iPad).

-- After I'm done importing, it auto-prompts and asks whether I want to keep or delete the photo(s) from my iPhone.

-- All my newly imported photos automatically appear on iPad in the Last Import album, from which I can add it to other albums on iPad.

I've had the CCK for more than two years and have used it consistently without problem. I originally started using it to transfer photos from my iPhone 4 to iPad 1. I later added a touch 4, iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, and they all work the same with the CCK.

It works great, and I prefer it over cloud synching photos, because I can easily look through all the thumbnails and choose only individual photos to synch.

The only hiccup now is that I have thousands of photos on my iPhone 4S, so it takes maybe a minute for all the thumbnails to pop up on my iPad screens, so I can begin choosing what I want to import.

Last edited:

Most reactions