What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iphone configuration utility not running on my PC

tonycruz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some silly reason iPhone configuration utility is not running o. My PC , I need that to instal whatsapp on my pad 2.
Done everything from uninstall to restore my PC to an earlier date and then instal the program again....nothing.
Can anybody help me in here? And also, there is any other program to substitute iPhone config utility?
Thanks to all in advance

Sent from my Ultra Jailbroken iPad 2

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you make sure you have the correct version 64 bit or 32 bit)?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
tonycruz

tonycruz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the apple page there is only one version for windows... But it can be that...

Sent from my Ultra Jailbroken iPad 2

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
devans said:
The only solution I have found so far is to login as the Windows Administrator & then delete your user profile. It's a pain, but it resolves the issue. **Warning, make a copy of your data saved to your user profile prior to deleting**.

That's a bit overkill usually. It should be sufficient in most cases to delete C:\users\<username>\AppData\Local\Apple Computer\iPhone Configuration Utility and all folders starting with iPcu.exe under c:\users\<username>\appdata\local\Apple_inc

The first folder contains the log file (which should be looked at as it may tell why it's failing to start) and the later contains the user configuration settings which is usually the culprit. In the few rare cases where I've had it fail to start due to registry issues the log file indicated which registry key was corrupted and deleting that key allowed it to start.

devans

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I come from a land down under when women glow & me
I did some further research & found a much easier solution. The ipcu log file displays the following error when attempting to open iPCU:

[2012-02-08 14:55:12.5312 iPCU] Debug: Loading Apple Application Support from 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\'
[2012-02-08 14:55:12.5312 iPCU] Debug: Loading Apple Mobile Device Support from 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\'
[2012-02-08 14:55:13.2968 iPCU] Error: Exception from OnStartupInitial: Object already exists.

It appears to be related to .NET & authority to access an RSA key container. I deleted the
C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA directory & was then able to successfully launch iPCU again.

usben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Iphone configuration utility not running on my PC!

I deleted the "RSA" directory from the location C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA directory & was then able to successfully launch iPCU again.

Most reactions

Latest posts