What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone Configuration Util Failure

r3g3x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am working with the iPhone Configuration Utility to help develop a more secure iPad. I am looking to increase password security, etc.

I created a basic profile that is a stronger passcode for my device. I am not interested in jailbreaking at this time. When I try to install the profile I receive:

Invalid Profile
Profile format not recognized.

I was not able to find out too much information on this generic message. Does anyone here have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, also, try emailing the file to yourself and opening it from there. We had some problems opening straight from a web download.

OP
r3g3x

r3g3x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to correct this issue. I did a factory reset of the iPad and then tried to apply to configuration but it complained again. I found out there where options not configured, but ones I did not want (e.g. VPN). Once I removed all options I did not want it worked fine. Based on this, I guess the reason the template did not apply was the extra, undefined options.

Thanks for suggestions,
Jim

Guypad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to correct this issue. I did a factory reset of the iPad and then tried to apply to configuration but it complained again. I found out there where options not configured, but ones I did not want (e.g. VPN). Once I removed all options I did not want it worked fine. Based on this, I guess the reason the template did not apply was the extra, undefined options.

Thanks for suggestions,
Jim
Seems logical... thanks for the update.

Most reactions

Latest posts