What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone and iPad Cakes and Cookies are in Hot Demand in China

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
cake.JPG

We haven’t had an iPad-as-confectionary story for a while, so here’s a cute story from Cult of Mac about a gourmet dessert shop in Beijing, China, where iPhone and iPad cakes and cookies are selling like, um, hot cakes! And apparently, the shop’s owner, Carol Chow, says that she too, like Apple, is plagued by cheap knock-off copies of her bespoke products! Chocolatier Carol sells her designer cakes for prices ranging from $30 to more than $465, but says that she has noticed other shops have sprung up in China that she says are copying her customised cakes. It takes Carol hours to make just one iPhone cookie, which costs 228 yuan, or approximately $35.

“I made iPhone and iPad desserts because they are really popular at the moment,” Chow told NTD television. “People all want it but most of them can’t get it. So I think it’s fun to make cookies or cakes of them.”

Source: iPhone Cookies, iPad Cakes in China Get Counterfeited, Too | Cult of Mac, Beijing Cake Shop Whips up iPhone Cookie and iPad Cake Frenzy -- NTDTV.com

Last edited:

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maura said:
We haven’t had an iPad-as-confectionary story for a while, so here’s a cute story from Cult of Mac about a gourmet dessert shop in Beijing, China, where iPhone and iPad cakes and cookies are selling like, um, hot cakes! And apparently, the shop’s owner, Carol Chow, says that she too, like Apple, is plagued by cheap knock-off copies of her bespoke products! Chocolatier Carol sells her designer cakes for prices ranging from $30 to more than $465, but says that she has noticed other shops have sprung up in China that she says are copying her customised cakes. It takes Carol hours to make just one iPhone cookie, which costs 228 yuan, or approximately $35.

Source: iPhone Cookies, iPad Cakes in China Get Counterfeited, Too | Cult of Mac, Beijing Cake Shop Whips up iPhone Cookie and iPad Cake Frenzy -- NTDTV.com

Really!!!! To each his own I suppose.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would rather make my own!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

That will keep you busy for the rest of the day - then we need some photos. Then I'll email you my address and you can post me a piece!!

What apps are you going to put on your iPad cake Home screen? iPad1 or iPad2? I was in Perth (Scotland) a couple of weeks ago and, in the hotel where I was staying, there was a young boy celebrating his birthday and he had a cake made in the shape of Thomas The Tank Engine. His mother said that she had a friend who boasted she could make a cake to any design given the details. Could be a market....

I think it's your next career, Hayley....

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
That will keep you busy for the rest of the day - then we need some photos. Then I'll email you my address and you can post me a piece!!

What apps are you going to put on your iPad cake Home screen? iPad1 or iPad2? I was in Perth (Scotland) a couple of weeks ago and, in the hotel where I was staying, there was a young boy celebrating his birthday and he had a cake made in the shape of Thomas The Tank Engine. His mother said that she had a friend who boasted she could make a cake to any design given the details. Could be a market....

I think it's your next career, Hayley....

Tim

In mine and yours, I'm afraid, the real talent would be my sister in law, she made the black/choc cat for my daughters birthday. I had a few comments I remember but it did taste nice. She's real talented but not in the same league as some of these guys. That is real art, but I would never pay that for something you would eat and have nothing to show for it, my grannies words are coming out now!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd make one in clay! lol Im no good at baking I'd rather cook !

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would stick a picture of one on a shop bought cake....that is the extent of my artistic talents. Nahhhh, I would just eat the shop bought one and continue playing with my iPad.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

DanLuc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mrs

Here is a new way of getting an iPad 2....and it costs only $35 -just hope that Apple won't sue- that's delicious !

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heck, some Chinese bakery must have a laser printer that can print iPad and iPhone images onto cakes and cookies in nothing flat. Some U.S. bakeries have had them for years. They could even print "cartoonized" images if they're looking for cuteness rather than photo realism.

Most reactions

Latest posts