What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iphone 4 micro sim in ipad2

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I use my iPhone 4 micro sim in my iPad? I have unlimited data on the iPhone and unlimited data on my work iPhone. No need to have unlimited on 2 phones.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF

OP
D Roc

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess this thread is inappropriate and people's responses are being deleted or Nobody has tried this...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess this thread is inappropriate and people's responses are being deleted or Nobody has tried this...

Nothing has been deleted - if a post had been deleted you'd see a note of it in the thread, with the reason it was deleted.

In fact, I was going to reply to this email. I've read a few posts from members in the US who have experienced problems doing this. In the UK, it's certainly possible - I do it with my service provider - but maybe the situation's different in the US. In particular the problem seemed to revolve around those members that had 'legacy' unlimited AT&T contracts and were worried that migrating them to the iPad would move them onto one of AT&T's current contracts.

Have you enabled your iPad on 3G yet? There is certainly an issue that the iPad in the US needs to be 'initialised' on an AT&T contract before a foreign SIM card can be inserted - this has affected members who have been purchasing iPads in the US and then returning to another country. They have found that, unless they started up their iPad 3G in the US the iPad wouldn't accept a foreign - i.e. non-AT&T - microSIM.

Tim
Scotland

OP
D Roc

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Have you enabled your iPad on 3G yet? There is certainly an issue that the iPad in the US needs to be 'initialised' on an AT&T contract before a foreign SIM card can be inserted - this has affected members who have been purchasing iPads in the US and then returning to another country. They have found that, unless they started up their iPad 3G in the US the iPad wouldn't accept a foreign - i.e. non-AT&T - microSIM.

Tim
Scotland

My iPad just arrived today and I have to go pick it up. I guess I will just give it a try. it may not even be necessary. I don't even get close to using 2gb on my phones.

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is it possible to remove my AT & T sim card then obtain one from Verizon then use Verizon as my 3G service as well as my data plan. Right now on my particular model this has AT & T as the 3G carrier. Just to save money .

Sent from my iPad 32gb WIFI 3G 1st generation.

OP
D Roc

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a new to all of this iPad stuff but I thought u read that at&t and verzion iPads only work with their intended network

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
D Roc said:
I'm a new to all of this iPad stuff but I thought u read that at&t and verzion iPads only work with their intended network

I am just as new to this. But the AT & T IPAD uses a SIM CARD.

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok that bites. I was hoping that this would work. Jail breaking seems difficult to me after reading all the information on that.

Most reactions

Latest posts