iPhone 4 - I'm in Love!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by NumbLock, Jun 12, 2010.

1. NumbLock

NumbLock
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I was blown away by all the new features in iPhone 4. Who is with me?

I'm sure I'll still use my iPad for more "fun" things, but I'm chomping at the bit for FaceTime, bigger battery, the new camera (and iMovie!).

2. RayfieldNeel

RayfieldNeel
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The new camera spec with HD video/flash is a big draw for me, since I have kids, and my current 3G camera has let me down on many occasions.

I don't "need" it for sure...but I'd sure like to have one. :D

3. Jman09

Jman09
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I really like the new iPhone. A month or two ago I decided to switch from my Moto Droid on Verizon to whatever new iPhone was coming out and going with AT&T. Since everyone minus 2 or 3 people I talk to has AT&T already and I get a school discount on service. My bill will be bout $30 cheaper. But seeing all the updates and the new look is making this switch an even better idea now. I was also thinking about getting a Pocket HD Video camera but with this iPhone 4 with 32GBs I may not need one.

4. Matth3w

Matth3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    If it's on AT&T (which it is) it could give me handjob every time the phone rings and I still wouldn't buy it. If it was on Verizon I would definitely buy it. AT&T sucks if you live outside of a major city. Not a single 3G bar within 1.5 hours of where I live. And it's not like I live in a one stoplight town. There are 45k people here.

5. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Same here....I want one so bad but I would never use AT&T again...they suck so bad its ridiculous!!

Based on the specs its a tiny iPad.

The real thing now....anyone notice the A4 chip is TINY?? I think there is more to the iPad chip than is being told. I think in the next OS revision for iPad we will be getting a MAJOR speed boost....it has a powerpc footprint, and the iPhone 4 shows that size is not needed.

6. Matth3w

Matth3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Having the iPhone with AT&T is like driving a Ferrari through a school zone.

What service are you using now Gentle?

7. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Been on Verizon for many years. It is the best service with the worst phones :( Sucks...I'm a techy, and yet I can't stand bad phone service....I am so torn!

8. JLStrange

JLStrange
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm thinking of upgrading our two 1st gen iPhones to the new ones. Not sure exactly why, other than technology moves on.

9. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Honestly the screen will be enough reason...the battery will be the deal breaker! Sounds like the iPhone 4 will be getting close to iPad times...which is insane!

10. Matth3w

Matth3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    The moto droid and incredible are great phon es