What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iphone 3G and ipad 1 and icloud

Larryfgraver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a iPhone 3G with iOS 4.3.5 and an iPad 1 also running iOS 4.3.5. If I update my iPad to iOS 5 and migrate to Icloud will my iPhone 3G still stay in sync with the iPad contacts and calendar?
Thanks for any help
PS the iPhone can't be updated to iOS 5

Last edited:

BlackiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using Outlook?

Have a iPhone 3G with iOS 4.3.5 and an iPad 1 also running iOS 4.3.5. If I update my iPad to iOS 5 and migrate to Icloud will my iPhone 3G still stay in sync with the iPad contacts and calendar?
Thanks for any help
PS the iPhone can't be updated to iOS 5

Presumably you are using 3rd party software or a service (Outlook? Yahoo?) that both your iOS 4.3.5 devices are syncing with when you sync them in iTunes. With iOS 5, your iCloud account synchronizes data between your iOS 5 devices and a PC (if you install the iCloud Control Panel software). On a PC it allows synchronizing with Outlook BUT your iPhone 3G will not sync (via iTunes) with the same calendar that your iPad 1 (via iCloud) syncs with. A new iCloud Calendar folder is created for iCloud syncing - which has proven to be a real bone of contention for a number of business Outlook users.

I hope that doesn't sound too confusing...

OP
Larryfgraver

Larryfgraver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, it is how I thought it would be the, 3G is left behind. I am only worried about syncing with the address and calendar in my me account, and between my iPhone and iPad.
Larry
PS: I am using MobileMe to stay synced.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts