What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPF

Black_Soul33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use this forum through its app
Sometimes it suddenly crashes
I've tried rebooting it several times but no change
Any solutions please ?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe I read that you have the iPad 1, correct? If not, this is still a good practice to do.

If so, the iPad 1 has less RAM than the newer versions. So try to close out all your apps clear some memory.

You may also want to try a reset by pressing the home and power button at the same time until the iPad shuts off. That too is an immediate fix that often times helps as well.

OP
Black_Soul33

Black_Soul33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
I believe I read that you have the iPad 1, correct? If not, this is still a good practice to do.

If so, the iPad 1 has less RAM than the newer versions. So try to close out all your apps clear some memory.

You may also want to try a reset by pressing the home and power button at the same time until the iPad shuts off. That too is an immediate fix that often times helps as well.

Yes I own an iPad 1
I've tried all this but nothing worked
Any more suggestions ?
Anyways thank you..:)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I own an iPad 1
I've tried all this but nothing worked
Any more suggestions ?
Anyways thank you..:)

It has known to crash and our Admin staff is aware of it. I haven't had the app crash on me as much as it did several months ago. I do recall an update in the summer which seemed to help it. Not sure if you keep up on updates.

Also may be helpful to clear your cookies in the iPad settings.

OP
Black_Soul33

Black_Soul33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
It has known to crash and our Admin staff is aware of it. I haven't had the app crash on me as much as it did several months ago. I do recall an update in the summer which seemed to help it. Not sure if you keep up on updates.

Also may be helpful to clear your cookies in the iPad settings.

Where can I update it ?
Must I clear only cookies or cache too ?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use this forum through its app
Sometimes it suddenly crashes
I've tried rebooting it several times but no change
Any solutions please ?

Black soul---I just deleted your other post as it was a duplicate of this one. Please do not do this since it makes it hard for other members to read and help you of there are multiple threads of the same topic present. It is also against forum rules.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Where can I update it ?
Must I clear only cookies or cache too ?

You can update your apps if they are ready to update the AppStore.

I have had to clear my cookies because the safari browser was misbehaving. Clearing it helped. Go to settings> safari>clear cookies and data.

OP
Black_Soul33

Black_Soul33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:

I have had to clear my cookies because the safari browser was misbehaving. Clearing it helped. Go to settings> safari>clear cookies and data.

Thank you
I cleared it
I'll let you know if it worked in my device

OP
Black_Soul33

Black_Soul33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:

It did not work

Most reactions

Latest posts