1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

IPF works on laptop but not on ipad?

Discussion in 'Official iPadForums.net App Forum' started by buttrpecan1, Aug 29, 2011.

1. buttrpecan1

buttrpecan1 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out why on my ipad the IPF app is only a blank black screen when opened, while i can access the forums from my laptop. there is no update needed and it was just working lastnite for me.

does this situation sound similar to anyone? i want to be able to get on the IPF again from my ipad.
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,003 / 1
    Are you using the app, or Safari?

Either way, try restarting the iPad, if you haven't already. If that does not work try a reset.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.
  3. buttrpecan1

buttrpecan1 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks! why didn't i think of restarting?! at least now i know how to fix that but i don't know why it happened in the first place...
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,003 / 1
    It's a computer. Sometimes they glitch. Unless it starts doing so frequently it is seldom worth tracking down, if it is even possible.
  5. buttrpecan1

buttrpecan1 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thx Óź†

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF