What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPF works on laptop but not on ipad?

buttrpecan1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out why on my ipad the IPF app is only a blank black screen when opened, while i can access the forums from my laptop. there is no update needed and it was just working lastnite for me.

does this situation sound similar to anyone? i want to be able to get on the IPF again from my ipad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you using the app, or Safari?

Either way, try restarting the iPad, if you haven't already. If that does not work try a reset.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
buttrpecan1

buttrpecan1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks! why didn't i think of restarting?! at least now i know how to fix that but i don't know why it happened in the first place...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
buttrpecan1 said:
thanks! why didn't i think of restarting?! at least now i know how to fix that but i don't know why it happened in the first place...

It's a computer. Sometimes they glitch. Unless it starts doing so frequently it is seldom worth tracking down, if it is even possible.

Most reactions