What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPF suggestion

Reaction score
Not really sure, where this should go.

Anyway, I came across a glitch with the iPF app. After blocking a person, anytime this person posts in one of my subscribed threads does it show up as new post, I.e. the red symbol, but I can't make the thread appear as read. Even when entering the thread does iPF mark the thread as unread. Restarting iPF does not help.

In a way it makes sense, that the thread shows unread posts, because there are unread posts, but the whole idea of blocking a person is, that I don't have to read their comments. Is it possible to ignore someone's comments completely, so that they don't even count in the Subscribed new post's section?

Because as of now, do I have a growing list of unread subscribed threads and I just can't get ride of them, without either unsubscribing from the thread, or unblocking the person.

Last edited:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Not really sure, where this should go.

Anyway, I came across a glitch with the iPF app. After blocking a person, anytime this person posts in one of my subscribed threads does it show up as new post, I.e. the red symbol, but I can't make the thread appear as read. Even when entering the thread does iPF mark the thread as unread. Restarting iPF does not help.

In a way it makes sense, that the thread shows unread posts, because there are unread posts, but the whole idea of blocking a person is, that I don't have to read their comments. Is it possible to ignore someone's comments completely, so that they don't even count in the Subscribed new post's section?

Because as of now, do I have a growing list of unread subscribed threads and I just can't get ride of them, without either unsubscribing from the thread, or unblocking the person.

Other posters getting to u that badly to want to block their posts?

Sent From IPF app, if u need to know about the wonders of Jailbrake, inbox me!

OP
DontUnderstandMyIpad
Reaction score
Demandarin said:

I am primarily trying to block forum trolls, or more specifically one. But the current block method is not really successful, as the new unread threads are equally annoying as reading his posts.

moshun111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if he is more shy and romantic get him the brown. if he's more tough or whatever get him the white.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:

I am primarily trying to block forum trolls, or more specifically one. But the current block method is not really successful, as the new unread threads are equally annoying as reading his posts.

Is this troll contravening Forum rules? If so, report the posts....

Tim
Scotland

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
moshun111 said:
if he is more shy and romantic get him the brown. if he's more tough or whatever get him the white.

I'm guessing you meant to post this somewhere else :)

Sent using iPF on my first gen iPad, sadly.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
DontUnderstandMyIpad
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Is this troll contravening Forum rules? If so, report the posts....

Tim
Scotland

Not that I know off. Unless completely random off topic posts are against the forum rules.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/24005-my-ipad.html

I was just wondering, whether there is a way to block someone like this completely. Anyway, it seems that the threads only show up as unread, if he is the last person to post. So as long as there is someone else with a newer post, will the thread be marked as read.

Most reactions

Latest posts