What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPF serious problems

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I'm not a new member but I thought this was te most appropriate section for my post.

I am having problems with iPF on my iPad 3 running iOS 8.0.0 while browsing through it on Safari.

1. I cannot post attachments. When i upload a file and select the 'close' button, which I used to do earlier, it does not actually upload it. I have tried posting them but the attachments do not appear.

2. Once I log on on the iPF home page, it suld automatically be signed in on other pages I open. But, I have to sign in on each page I open in a new tab.

3. Every page I want to open does not open unless I open it in the same tab. It does not load when I try to open it in a new tab. The 'X' button in the addres bar whic indicate that the pag is sill loading, becomes a round refresh button and the whte bar at theottom of the address bar fills and finally disappears.

4. TYPING PROBLEMS : The keyboard is realy slow on the iPF website, I do not have an prolems elsewhere. It lags a lot.

Please excuse me for te numerous spelling mistakes I have made in the last half of my post but this was to show how the typing is when I type at my speed.

These problems make it really frustrating for me to browse this forum. Maybe I need to take a vacation and when I will be back, everything will be solved. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Update to iOS 8.0.2, which fixes many if not all these problems. Most notably the picture upload problem in Safari.

I'm not sure about the others, as I've not experienced them.

Do a reset before updating, and again after updating. Seems to help.

You may need to update using iTunes instead. It's more trouble, but does a cleaner install than the OTA update.

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Update to iOS 8.0.2, which fixes many if not all these problems. Most notably the picture upload problem in Safari.

I'm not sure about the others, as I've not experienced them.

Do a reset before updating, and again after updating. Seems to help.

You may need to update using iTunes instead. It's more trouble, but does a cleaner install than the OTA update.

Okay I'll do it and let you know.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Answer for 2.
When you login, check mark the "Stay logged in" button before. I've been logged out by the site a few times when I didn't select this, just because I closed (not force closed) Safari.

This will help keep you logged in, even if you reset your iPad.

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Answer for 2.
When you login, check mark the "Stay logged in" button before. I've been logged out by the site a few times when I didn't select this, just because I closed (not force closed) Safari.

This will help keep you logged in, even if you reset your iPad.

This did not help. What i mean is in the same session, when I open a thread in a new tab, it does not stay logged in.

iOS 8.0.2 has solved the first, third and fourth problems. The login problem has still not been resolved b

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seems like I'll have to use PC to use the iPF forums until everything is going fine. Is this because of compatibility problems with iPF itself or just some bugs in iOS 8?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This did not help. What i mean is in the same session, when I open a thread in a new tab, it does not stay logged in.

iOS 8.0.2 has solved the first, third and fourth problems. The login problem has still not been resolved b
It keeps me logged in, even if I open a second tab with this forum. I'm wondering why it's not working on your iPad. Or why it is working on mine.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Seems like I'll have to use PC to use the iPF forums until everything is going fine. Is this because of compatibility problems with iPF itself or just some bugs in iOS 8?

Any chance that you're in private viewing mode. If Safari's tool bars are dark gray then you are in private mode. This will prevent the storage of cookies and history, even between tabs.

To toggle Safari's private mode on/off, tap the double page icon at the top right, then tap the private button.

You can also use the pinch gesture to to get to the same view.

You'll also want to check your privacy settings in Safari settings. "Always Block" will prevent cookies, and therefore your sign-in credentials from being saved.

The most secure, but still useful setting would be"Allow from Current Website Only"

Last edited:

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Any chance that you're in private viewing mode. If Safari's tool bars are dark gray then you are in private mode. This will prevent the storage of cookies and history, even between tabs.

To toggle Safari's private mode on/off, tap the double page icon at the top right, then tap the private button.

You can also use the pinch gesture to to get to the same view.

You'll also want to check your privacy settings in Safari settings. "Always Block" will prevent cookies, and therefore your sign-in credentials from being saved.

The most secure, but still useful setting would be"Allow from Current Website Only"

Well did not turn on always block nor turned on private mode so I don't think that's what triggering the problem.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well did not turn on always block nor turned on private mode so I don't think that's what triggering the problem.

Oh well. No idea then. It's not an intrinsic problem with iOS 8.02, since most people don't have the issue. You may end up having to do a clean install using iTunes and the computer.

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is IPF is working after update I download but it's show old sign (report)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No. The iPF app is down for the count, probably. It is not an iOS problem. The site changed it's forum software to a new provider, and it is not compatible with the app.

If you want an app instead of using Safari, try TapaTalk. It's a little more trouble to set up. You have to search for and join the forum. Once you learn the app, you'll probably like it better. It has more features than the iPF app did.

It's already updated for iOS 8, and in my experience working well.

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tks I try and learning this forum but I like IPF let see.

Most reactions

Latest posts