What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPF Permission Groups-Moderators Please Respond

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In my iPF profile, I see "Groups" and "Permission Groups." I know what Groups are, but what are Permission Groups? When I click join, it says "no public user groups avalible for you to join". Could a moderator or admin please tell me exactly what a Permission Group is? :confused: Thanks in advance! :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The forum software is generic, and contains features which may or may not be used by the particular forum. We do not, so far as I know, have special groups, so although the feature is listed, it is effectively inactive.

Some forums have subforums that contain objectionable material such as politics, and you have to make an informed choice as to whether you want to read the drivel. That would be one use of permission groups. There is one forum I'm aware of that password protects it's political section. Presumably, if you want to join it you can join the group so that you don't have to input the password each time.

We have a simpler way of dealing with politics. ;)

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions