What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPF iPad App Help

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone here know what this button in the iPF iPad app is? I can't figure it out.

image-1614074506.jpg

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That allows you to select that post in order to report it or do a multi-quote response.

OP
goofy8275

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. Is there a way to like a post in the iPF app? I can't seem to find a way to do so.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just press the square with the curvy arrow coming out. It is located in the upper right corner.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You have to get get out of the question you are viewing and back into the actual section to post a new thread.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
Liking posts, not posting new threads. Sorry, this is very confusing ???

The only way that I know of is to scroll to the top of the page and press the grey arrow below the curly one, this takes you to the thread in the website but still within the app. You can then scroll to the post and "like" it. Then press the top left hand button to return to the thread in the app.

The Archangel

OP
goofy8275

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, I get it now, thanks. I wish there was a way to like within the app, but it's neat how you can view the website within the app.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
Ok, I get it now, thanks. I wish there was a way to like within the app, but it's neat how you can view the website within the app.

I'm always using that little grey button, it's extremely useful (the search function is better on the website as well). It would be nice to like from within the app, hopefully it will come one of these days.

The Archangel

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:

Agreed. If you want to post a link to a page you can do that using the web view. Go to the action button at the bottom of the screen and one of the options is Copy Link. You can then paste that into your post if, for example, you want to point out a previously answered question.

OP
goofy8275

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Agreed. If you want to post a link to a page you can do that using the web view. Go to the action button at the bottom of the screen and one of the options is Copy Link. You can then paste that into your post if, for example, you want to point out a previously answered question.
No, I meant LIKE, not LINK.
Never mind. :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
No, I meant LIKE, not LINK.
Never mind. :)

I know. I was following on from your original question. You use the same facility to link to a thread as you do to like a post.

Most reactions

Latest posts