1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

ipad's cyber cafe

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by rubinj, Jan 30, 2011.

1. rubinj

rubinj iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    hi all,

i'd like to add some ipad to my cybercafe (i.e., rent ipad usage by the hour in my cafe).

do you know any way (or app) that will allow me to control this procedure? in other words, i need the ipad to be locked, and with a designated password to unlock for a specific amount of time..

any ideas ?

thanks in advance,
    rubin
    • Like Like x 1
  2. zrb0529

zrb0529 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    that would likely need to be custom written as I've never seen such a feature, but honestly I've never been to an internet cafe - btw that sounds like a great idea but better be careful so people don't snatch em out the door

you may be able to do some voodoo with the router and each iPads MAC address to log how much usage they get but I'm honestly not sure

good luck!
  3. Hasty

Hasty iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Sounds a coll idea. A couple of things come to mind.
    Best to find a way to fix them to the table top. Less chance of them going missing when you're busy and tracking software so you can locate an errant pad.

There was a thread a while ago about using iPads at an exhibition and you may get some ideas from that. I also recall an item on TUAW about an iPad tether but again it was a couple of months back so you would need to do some research. At least with a secure tether they can be moved away from spills.

You can walk away with an Ipad but not an iPad and attached table......
  4. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    On my router, you can set it so that certain devices are only available between certain times of day. Of course you would have to reset this every time, but it would work... I think.
  5. epb

epb iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    If you're trying to lock the iPad, it's got that function already - you can set a 4 digit code to unlock it whenever it wakes up.

If you're trying to control its access to your network, you could control the access to your router using the MAC addresses of each using MAC filtering.
  6. dinna081

dinna081 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    cybercafe ipad app

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2012
  7. simosda3

simosda3 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

i'd like to create my cybercafe with ipads.

do you know any way (or app) that will allow me to control this procedure? in other words, i need the ipad to be locked, and with a designated password to unlock for a specific amount of time..

I WOULD LIKE TO INFORM ME about your application and your business.

Please Help, any ideas ?

thanks in advance,
    ".."...........................................
    IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED IN THIS SOLUTION, I WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT I AM RUNNING THIS " business" you can check on facebook and you will see that i have ipads installed in coffeeshops and the customers are charged with apx 3€ / hour. MY FACEBOOK ACCOUNT IS " Edited by Moderator - no social networking links, please read the forum rules.
    for more information , pics and clips, too see how does this app works, you can contact me on facebook.[/QUOTE]