What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad's cyber cafe

rubinj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi all,

i'd like to add some ipad to my cybercafe (i.e., rent ipad usage by the hour in my cafe).

do you know any way (or app) that will allow me to control this procedure? in other words, i need the ipad to be locked, and with a designated password to unlock for a specific amount of time..

any ideas ?

thanks in advance,
rubin

zrb0529

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that would likely need to be custom written as I've never seen such a feature, but honestly I've never been to an internet cafe - btw that sounds like a great idea but better be careful so people don't snatch em out the door

you may be able to do some voodoo with the router and each iPads MAC address to log how much usage they get but I'm honestly not sure

good luck!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds a coll idea. A couple of things come to mind.
Best to find a way to fix them to the table top. Less chance of them going missing when you're busy and tracking software so you can locate an errant pad.

There was a thread a while ago about using iPads at an exhibition and you may get some ideas from that. I also recall an item on TUAW about an iPad tether but again it was a couple of months back so you would need to do some research. At least with a secure tether they can be moved away from spills.

You can walk away with an Ipad but not an iPad and attached table......

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my router, you can set it so that certain devices are only available between certain times of day. Of course you would have to reset this every time, but it would work... I think.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
do you know any way (or app) that will allow me to control this procedure? in other words, i need the ipad to be locked, and with a designated password to unlock for a specific amount of time.

If you're trying to lock the iPad, it's got that function already - you can set a 4 digit code to unlock it whenever it wakes up.

If you're trying to control its access to your network, you could control the access to your router using the MAC addresses of each using MAC filtering.

dinna081

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cybercafe ipad app

hi all,

i'd like to add some ipad to my cybercafe (i.e., rent ipad usage by the hour in my cafe).

do you know any way (or app) that will allow me to control this procedure? in other words, i need the ipad to be locked, and with a designated password to unlock for a specific amount of time..

any ideas ?

thanks in advance,
".."...........................................
IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED IN THIS SOLUTION, I WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT I AM RUNNING THIS " business" you can check on facebook and you will see that i have ipads installed in coffeeshops and the customers are charged with apx 3€ / hour. MY FACEBOOK ACCOUNT IS " Edited by Moderator - no social networking links, please read the forum rules.
for more information , pics and clips, too see how does this app works, you can contact me on facebook.

Last edited by a moderator:

simosda3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

i'd like to create my cybercafe with ipads.

I WOULD LIKE TO INFORM ME about your application and your business.

Please Help, any ideas ?

thanks in advance,
".."...........................................
IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED IN THIS SOLUTION, I WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT I AM RUNNING THIS " business" you can check on facebook and you will see that i have ipads installed in coffeeshops and the customers are charged with apx 3€ / hour. MY FACEBOOK ACCOUNT IS " Edited by Moderator - no social networking links, please read the forum rules.
for more information , pics and clips, too see how does this app works, you can contact me on facebook.[/QUOTE]

Most reactions

Latest posts