iPads and Target Stores

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by caver3d, Nov 27, 2010.

1. caver3d

caver3d
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    This has likely been discussed, but I bought my iPad at Target - not online. I did so because of their return policy. I got the 64 gb wifi originally. After a couple weeks I took it back, paid the difference and got the 3G version. No questions asked. Painless.

I was told that their 3 month return policy also holds for the iPads. So, if I run into an issue, I can take it back within the 90 day period. BestBuy is good for 30 days.

Worth keeping Target in mind for such purchases.

caver3d

2. NumbLock

NumbLock
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Hm...I had wondered about that: Other than adding more locations to buy an iPad, what do these retail outlets have to offer? Thanks for the tip.

3. Blackbelt

Blackbelt
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    They carry limited supplies of iPad thus the options of exchanging are also limited.

4. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    At Best Buy and Target they have tons of accessories! A whole two walls full. But all of it was ugly and cheaply made.

Seriously. Lots of iPads locked up though!

5. Gen3tix

Gen3tix
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I plan on purchasing an iPad from Target as well based on what I've read about their return policy.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but based on what I have gathered from various blogs and forums, customers have 90 days to return their opened product without having to pay a restocking fee. However, the policy on Target.com states that they only accept new, unused products for refund, and a 15% restocking fee on certain items such as portable electronics (which I am not sure if this applies to the iPad.)

If anyone could just clarify Target's return policy on iPads, I would greatly appreciate it. I certainly would like to purchase an iPad, but also want the reassurance that if any issues arise, I have the option to simply go to my nearest Target store and return my product for a full refund.

6. BrennB

BrennB
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    iPad would fall into the portable electronics. If I were you I'd just ask up front how the return policy fits to the iPad.

Also, if you're a bestbuy rewards member you have a longer period for returns.. If I remember correctly you have 45 days and no restocking fees. But don't quote me!

7. caver3d

caver3d
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Where I live there are several Target stores. I originally bought the iPad at one store and returned it at another store and upgraded to the 3G. if one store is out of stock, usually 3 or 4 other stores have it.

caver3d

8. Iamking

Iamking
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Target return policy is great I purchase mines from them but is had mark on It return it no questions ask. Went to another target and got a new one.:D

9. caver3d

caver3d
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Exactly. There you go.

caver3d

10. breckbd

breckbd
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Target Won't Accept Ipad Returns

I purchased an ipad and decided to return it a couple of weeks later but was told Target absolutely would not accept returns for electronics (espeically Ipads) that had been opened.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?