What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPadForums.net Upgrade Problems - Issues Thread

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. The issue is that having selected a message to quote it is difficult to unselect it. Your three quotes are actually from different threads from the first time I tried to quote you. It just means being careful, especially when using Safari on a phone.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. The issue is that having selected a message to quote it is difficult to unselect it. Your three quotes are actually from different threads from the first time I tried to quote you. It just means being careful, especially when using Safari on a phone.

Oh, I've noticed when quoting you will see a type of black rectangle on the top right, which signifies it's still loading...if you post the reply before the quotes have loaded, they won't accompany the message. I've noticed it a couple of times now when it's been slow. Once you've pressed the + Quote tab it changes to -Quote, so you can press that again to stop the quote.

All good to know Kevin....hopefully we won't make too many blunders along the way! :eek:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Oh, I've noticed when quoting you will see a type of black rectangle on the top right, which signifies it's still loading...if you post the reply before the quotes have loaded, they won't accompany the message. I've noticed it a couple of times now when it's been slow. Once you've pressed the + Quote tab it changes to -Quote, so you can press that again to stop the quote.

All good to know Kevin....hopefully we won't make too many blunders along the way! :eek:

Also, when you choose "Insert Quotes" you can remove them here:
image.jpg

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I posted a list of the trophies you can get in this thread. If it stays like this, 113 is the top. :)

Lol, I'm a notable member? Who would have thought of that 1 1/2 years ago? :D

I'm seeing Well-Known Member for you.....that's weird! Or are you talking about the Trophy List?
You've come a long way Johanna and we are all better off with having you here! :p

Just noticed and tried it in web view. That's fun! ;-)

The difference between quoting in app and web view is: in app view, you see the member and the quote. In web view, you see post number and the member's number as well.

I haven't tried it on the app as yet....just been too busy and the app isn't working fully for me as yet last time I checked.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm seeing Well-Known Member for you.....that's weird! Or are you talking about the Trophy List?
You've come a long way Johanna and we are all better off with having you here! :p

I haven't tried it on the app as yet....just been too busy and the app isn't working fully for me as yet last time I checked.
Thank you! :)

When you tap "Members", the first thing you see is "Notable Members" and four tabs, partially with rankings. That's where I appear three times. :D

The app gets better slowly. This thread is working perfectly, maybe because it was created after the update. A few others quit showing the error message as well and can be accessed without problems, mostly those with few posts.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you! :)

When you tap "Members", the first thing you see is "Notable Members" and four tabs, partially with rankings. That's where I appear three times. :D

The app gets better slowly. This thread is working perfectly, maybe because it was created after the update. A few others quit showing the error message as well and can be accessed without problems, mostly those with few posts.

You're very welcome!

Oh, I looked at that very quickly earlier today....that's very impressive Johanna! Kudos to you!! :rolleyes:

I've noticed a few threads working in the app but there's so many which haven't even loaded as yet....so I'm just going to wait for the app and concentrate on the site for now....it's what we need to work out right now! :cool:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
leelai said:
You're very welcome! Oh, I looked at that very quickly earlier today....that's very impressive Johanna! Kudos to you!! :rolleyes: I've noticed a few threads working in the app but there's so many which haven't even loaded as yet....so I'm just going to wait for the app and concentrate on the site for now....it's what we need to work out right now! :cool:
Of course! :)

Jaba123 contacted me earlier and told me that he can't view forum answers, the only way to communicate is through pm's - the parse error, I suppose. - Is there still the 150 pm limit? Previously, I could find my pm count in website view, now it's gone. It was easy keeping track with this feature.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
J. A. said:
Of course! :) Jaba123 contacted me earlier and told me that he can't view forum answers, the only way to communicate is through pm's - the parse error, I suppose. - Is there still the 150 pm limit? Previously, I could find my pm count in website view, now it's gone. It was easy keeping track with this feature.
They're called "Private Conversations" now, and I could find the number of my pc's :)D) under the list. I don't know if it was there before, and I just didn't see it, but thanks anyway, to those who added it! :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
At the moment it's completely down. I've already done that, and it didn't help. The website is constantly changing, so I suppose everyone's concentrating on getting this done. Try Safari or Tapatalk in the meantime. They both work.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK everyone. The user titles are now back like they were and some additional levels added. Here is a screenshot of the different levels.

Screen Shot 2014-06-19 at 11.27.20 AM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts