What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPadForums.net Upgrade Problems - Issues Thread

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iDoug said:
Try the site without the app. It works great and is super fast!

Yes, I've been using the site.....I find it quite a bit faster also which is great for me seeing as I don't have that great an internet speed here.

It's shaping up to be a great change! ;)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
leelai said:
Hi Bobbi! I think at this point that this replaces our Titles we had before.....whereas you may have been called iPad Noob, Novice etc, we now attain trophies when passing a certain number of posts we have done. I'm still learning on the job here also but as time goes by it will all become clearer! ;) We are still in the transition stage of the change and as time goes on, some things will still change.....I noticed you have New Member under your name now....I think this may change also but we will need to wait for the transition to finish.
It can't be instead of the titles. I have 38 trophy points with almost 10.000 posts, but someone else with far less posts has more than 100, and Mickey330 has none. Confusing.

Like Lanny, I get a parse error when I try to open my subscribed threads, or threads where I posted, but unsubscribed. The app doesn't even let me take a look at them. Too bad.

A few things are better than before, but in website view, I miss the dot next to an avatar to show if the member is online. Also, I loved the titles we had before. They were funny.

There are some interesting new things as well, as I've noticed. The "Notable Members" option in the website view, e.g. Also, I can see my Likes on my profile in app view. That wasn't possible before. :)

And it's a lot easier giving and viewing Likes in the app! :) :)

Last edited:
OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We'll work on bringing the titles back. I don't think that will be an issue.

I'll also see what we can do about bringing online/offline status back.

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We are still working on the conversion and will do our best to get most if not all the old features back. Please hang in there and just let us know what we are missing so that we know what to add :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iDan said:
We'll work on bringing the titles back. I don't think that will be an issue. I'll also see what we can do about bringing online/offline status back.
That's great! :)

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Give us a few days to get this software setup, I believe once we get it done you will like it much better then the old site. It's just a long process to do the conversion and get this site setup just right... should have more time to get it going tomorrow.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Something else that's not working yet: when I post in a thread, I'm not automatically subscribed. That was a very useful feature before the update.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, that was really quick! In website view, I can see who's online now, and it looks way better than before! Love it! Thank you! :)

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, that was really quick! In website view, I can see who's online now, and it looks way better than before! Love it! Thank you! :)

Glad you like it! We should be able to get those user titles back on tomorrow.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It can't be instead of the titles. I have 38 trophy points with almost 10.000 posts, but someone else with far less posts has more than 100, and Mickey330 has none. Confusing.

Like Lanny, I get a parse error when I try to open my subscribed threads, or threads where I posted, but unsubscribed. The app doesn't even let me take a look at them. Too bad.

A few things are better than before, but in website view, I miss the dot next to an avatar to show if the member is online. Also, I loved the titles we had before. They were funny.

There are some interesting new things as well, as I've noticed. The "Notable Members" option in the website view, e.g. Also, I can see my Likes on my profile in app view. That wasn't possible before. :)

And it's a lot easier giving and viewing Likes in the app! :) :)

There are still many changes to take effect.....it's going to take a while before everyone's account is also updated to the new platform.....as it goes along you will see some changes......we now have the offline/online banner in place.

The trophies are connected to the number of posts but I think something else is included there also.....it keeps changing, so it's best to wait until all the changes have been made and we get a clearer picture of everything.

Likes also show on each post within the app also, which is a nice inclusion.

It's certainly evolving as time goes on! ;)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
image.jpg
leelai said:
There are still many changes to take effect.....it's going to take a while before everyone's account is also updated to the new platform.....as it goes along you will see some changes......we now have the offline/online banner in place. The trophies are connected to the number of posts but I think something else is included there also.....it keeps changing, so it's best to wait until all the changes have been made and we get a clearer picture of everything. Likes also show on each post within the app also, which is a nice inclusion. It's certainly evolving as time goes on! ;)
I notice changes every minute I take a look at something. I'm now a Well-Known Member :D :D, and my trophy points are 113 now. Interesting to see the changes!

At the moment, website view is easier to use, and it looks so much better than before!

Edit:
I found something about the trophy points:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 57554
I notice changes every minute I take a look at something. I'm now a Well-Known Member :D :D, and my trophy points are 113 now. Interesting to see the changes!

At the moment, website view is easier to use, and it looks so much better than before!

Edit:
I found something about the trophy points:

I found that too! Likes are added to the Trophy points.

I find it looks better also with lots of shortcuts.....it's quite exciting seeing the changes as they happen.

Thought I'd have a try of emoji and see if they work or not.

Well no, that didn't work from the keyboard, but we have these little fellas

:):cool::rolleyes:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
leelai said:
I found that too! Likes are added to the Trophy points. I find it looks better also with lots of shortcuts.....it's quite exciting seeing the changes as they happen. Thought I'd have a try of emoji and see if they work or not. Well no, that didn't work from the keyboard, but we have these little fellas :):cool::rolleyes:
The emoticons are mostly the same. I was exploring the website. There's so much to discover! I found a leaderboard and didn't know at first what it means, but then detected that it shows the top posters of the month. I was first in May, you were first in April, and at the moment, I'm leading as well. Does this mean that I post too much? :eek: ;-)

Most reactions

Latest posts