What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPadForums.net Upgrade Problems - Issues Thread

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Dave, this new contraption, it's really quite good and very logical in many respects and frankly, in my opinion, much less happy-go-lucky than what we had before. Just needs a bit of perseverance, (like the answer by iDan to your apparent problem). The more you get into the system the more you will find to like. Well I do anyway:) I can understand your hesitancy about posting those great pictures of yours in your very interesting travelogues, but don't stop now mate! We all enjoy them:)
Have you looked at the Tapatalk app? I use Tapatalk Pro and find it excellent, and no problem interacting with forum posts including production of pictures. It's great for just following all the unread posts that may catch your attention. Check it out.
See ya soon?
Andrew
I've downloaded Tapatalk and signed in with the same sign in as this forum. Tapatalk will not let me sign in to ipadforums because my user name is already taken! Can you help?

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I was trying to use the login bar. I just tried the "different email" section and was allowed to use my IPF sign-in. ? Oh well.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad you can access the forum through Tapatalk now.

You'll certainly get used to the app soon.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks JA for your assistance. Tapatalk is in my opinion much easier and offers more option than our old forum app. I use it daily on my iPhone and iPad to moderate all 3 Apple sites. I suggest any user whom has been using our old app try out tapatalk. If you like it then I suggest buying Tapatalk Pro.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose the ratings chart has to be changed: Dislike is a positive rating? o_O

Some members certainly think a rainbow is positive. I've seen a few members with neutral ratings because of rainbow ratings. (I'm not the only one. :oops:)

Question: are neutral ratings necessary? It's a good idea that the negative ratings were removed. I'd only use the positive ratings, though. Just my opinion, and a suggestion. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose the ratings chart has to be changed: Dislike is a positive rating? o_O

Some members certainly think a rainbow is positive. I've seen a few members with neutral ratings because of rainbow ratings. (I'm not the only one. :oops:)

Question: are neutral ratings necessary? It's a good idea that the negative ratings were removed. I'd only use the positive ratings, though. Just my opinion, and a suggestion. :)

Well I didn't realise that the Rainbow was neutral, I'm sure I gave one to someone because it just seemed the right one to give at the time....if I'd known it was neutral I would have given a different one though.

What do others think about these?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I didn't realise that the Rainbow was neutral, I'm sure I gave one to someone because it just seemed the right one to give at the time....if I'd known it was neutral I would have given a different one though.

What do others think about these?
I've seen two members in the HayDay forum who were giving each other rainbow ratings. Scifan was given a rainbow from Diane for a post she certainly liked, when you follow the discussion, imo.

Maybe it's not important, but it's a bit confusing.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The appearance of the icons can certainly be deceptive, especially the rainbow which looks so colorful and cheerful.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay, the only thing I used the app for was to post pictures. When I look here to post pictures I can't find the spot that lets me go to the pictures on my iPad and choose one. What should I be doing?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, the only thing I used the app for was to post pictures. When I look here to post pictures I can't find the spot that lets me go to the pictures on my iPad and choose one. What should I be doing?

You will notice below the message box another option which says Upload a File....just press this, then you get this box.image.jpg

Press Choose File and you will get the options for Camera or Existing, press existing and then you select your photo the same way you did before.....it will say loading and then you will see this appear -

image.jpg

You can select Thumbnail or Full Image. I have selected Thumbnails here.

I hope this helps

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just below the box where you are writing a post, there is a button titled upload a file, tap it and you get a pop up that allows you to choose a file. Tap the choose file button and you will see a pop up that says take a photo or video and choose existing. Tap choose existing and you will go to your camera roll. Tap on the photo you want to include in your post and it will upload to the forum. When it's complete, you choose between thumbnail or full size, you can tap the post reply button and your picture will be included.

Edit: beaten by the Tiger again.:(

Most reactions

Latest posts