What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPadForums.net Members - Suggest an iPad App

HeyMac55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to find a good Weather app but I just don't think that WeatherBugg cuts it. First of all, it's European coverage is terrible - so, I expect that the people that love it live in America. Secondly, it's interface is really badly designed. It doesn't tell me what it's doing (when it's fetching data), so I don't know if the app has hung or not... it doesn't have any obvious 'click here' for more info buttons/icons, etc.
Overall, I find it a very amateur effort... IMHO

Have you tried the Accuweather App? I find it works much better than Weatherbugg. It has a great radar feature too that animates the clouds and storms.

stevenwei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Favorite cooking/recipe apps:

Epicurious - (Free) This one is a no brainer since it's free. It's really well designed and contains a lot of recipes.

Weber's On the Grill - ($4.99) If you have a grill, this app is a must. The iPad version comes with a ton of video tutorials, the recipes are great, and the app itself is beautiful.

Paprika Recipe Manager - ($9.99) This app is the only one of the three that lets you put in your own recipes. It has a fantastic saving feature that lets you automatically download recipes from online recipe sites, and a grocery list that lets you enter in your own items.

HeyMac55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Favorite cooking/recipe apps:

Epicurious - (Free) This one is a no brainer since it's free. It's really well designed and contains a lot of recipes.

Weber's On the Grill - ($4.99) If you have a grill, this app is a must. The iPad version comes with a ton of video tutorials, the recipes are great, and the app itself is beautiful.

Paprika Recipe Manager - ($9.99) This app is the only one of the three that lets you put in your own recipes. It has a fantastic saving feature that lets you automatically download recipes from online recipe sites, and a grocery list that lets you enter in your own items.

Thanks for the info. I was looking for some good recipe apps, and these look great. Happy cooking!

MaggieB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
appsforipads.net
The weather channel iPad app gives you weather from all over the world... It's 57 degrees in Florence, Italy right now!

I'd like to find a good Weather app but I just don't think that WeatherBugg cuts it. First of all, it's European coverage is terrible - so, I expect that the people that love it live in America. Secondly, it's interface is really badly designed. It doesn't tell me what it's doing (when it's fetching data), so I don't know if the app has hung or not... it doesn't have any obvious 'click here' for more info buttons/icons, etc.
Overall, I find it a very amateur effort... IMHO

yche276

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Weather for UK and Ireland" is the most beautiful weather app.

I like the neat style and clear view!

Qcksilver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about a good program to use on my pc for converting videos to iPad format? Some of my videos won't add into iTunes for upload. I need to convert them.

ipadkiwi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
favourite apps

I like:

- 'Additives', makes you screen thye food you buy for all the poison we eat unknowingly

- 'Scrabble', a classical, but great game, especially if you use it with the Iphone connections where people have their letters on their Iphones: cool

- 'Evernote' and 'GoodReader', great utility apps

- 'Amplitube' to play my Strat anywhere I want with just a cable and my Ipad, heaps of pedals and amps available

- 'Find IPhone' to check on my wife and kids (....)

- 'Kindle' a better ebook reader that gives access to the huge Amazon library, much more available thanin the meagre Apple store...

- 'TrafficNet' check out international traffic cams

- 'Early Edition' in my opinion the best and most comfortable RSS reader

- 'NASA HD' Just amazing presentations about our planets and stars

- 'Dropbox' how could I do without it? have it on my IPAD, IPhone and MacBook

- 'Zinio' cheap subscriptions to graet journals, no more running to newsstands

- FLIPBOARD best of all, integration of facebook, twitter and your favourite sites, really a MUST !!

jackwade512

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.wadedev.com
SecureLock

If you travel with your iPad then hopefully you are securing it. Wade Development has introduced a new tool, SecureLock to do just that. Provide your own wallpaper, contact information, let potential thieves know that your device is being tracked and many other features.

Try it out ..... first three to respond get a free copy.

philipppo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, can you please suggest me an app: i need a file browser (free or not, it doesn't matter) so i could move, delete photos, create folders and etc. all apps that i have gound require wi-fi connection like "ifiles".. i there something?
also i want a game: you know, this type og games were very popular in 80s where you fly on some kind of a space craft in space and you shoot alien ships, you receive bonuses and etc. it's a 2d game, not 3d. where you see from above. thank you!!

aggie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
as good assistant for iPad -I personally use PCHand iPad Mate

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For General News All Free:
CNN
TED ( Great Lectures)
ABC (News)

General free app: