What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad4 Sounds

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can recognise all the sounds in Settings,however I occasionally get a short sound I don't recognise,with no notification,what can it be? - Any ideas?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Nael, this is just to let you know that the two posts you made in quick succession in the iOS8 forum have been deleted as they are a duplicate of your original post here. Doing that can fragment the topic of conversation with possible confusion as to where to answer you. And please note, it's against the rules to do so.
If you have tried to recognise all the sounds in Notifications, it may be a system sound. Perhaps you could provide further info: under what circumstances are you hearing this sound?
Regards, Andrew

OP
N

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for duplication, I thought this may have been the wrong forum!
However the sound I get is only occasional, and sporadic.It is short and a 'rough'' sound a bit like the old car horn sound! - could it be something internal,something to do with Hardware/software.So far it occurs with the IPad cover closed.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you looked at the sounds in Settings>Sounds and all the different sound choices under "Ringtone", "Textone" etc? ... Will take you a time to check:) The closest I could get to that "old car horn" sound you describe is the "Choo Choo" sound. Could that be it? If you do find that sound, and I'm confident it must be among those choices, you have the option to toggle off that sound.
Check System>Notifications carefully to see what is notifying you. It could be an app like in Games.
I know it can be annoying:rolleyes:...keep checking.
Andrew

OP
N

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you do a hard reset?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How do you do a hard reset?
What's meant by a hard reset is to press and hold the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to restart.

OP
N

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this happen a hard reset did the trick.

A hard reset does the trick, but the strange sound is recurring and I need to do a hard reset every other day, which is frustrating.

I suspects something within the ipad requires a repair unless it can be permanently resolved in another way?

OP
N

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In addition to these strange sounds, resolved with a regular hard reset, I now also regularly loose all sound, resolved by changing language in settings........is all this a sign that my IPad is about to give up on me or can my problems be permanently corrected?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you live close enough to an Apple Store a Genius Bar appointment is warranted. They can run a diagnostic on your iPad to see exactly what the problem is. Genius Bar appointments are free and if the problem Can be rectified with a software fix, that's free as well. If the problem is hardware related and the warranty coverage is expired, you'll be quoted a repair price.

Most reactions

Latest posts