What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad4 & iTunes

belfix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi – sorry if this not an iPad problem, if not please point me to the right forum.
Cannot get iTunes/iPad to sync:
On Pc – iTunes “sees†iPad and connects, can “see†music that is already on iPad. Click iPad and checked “sync over WiFiâ€. On PC and select Music:- Sync Music 321 Songs – ticked, Radio button on for selected playlists etc, scroll down to Albums and tick those required. Click Sync – top of screen displays the 4 steps and finishes.
Pysically on the iPad now if I select Music I only see the origanal music that was on there – not the “new†stuff.
If I now on the PC, select the iPad and Music I “see†the Music on the iPad but with the “new†titles with a dotted circle in column 1.
Sorry about the diatribe, but if I’m missing something, please let me know or what do I do next?
regards

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If iTunes can already "see" your iPad I assume your connected via the lightning connector to your computer?
If so, why are you selecting Synch over WiFi?

Does synch via the lightning connector work? Make sure this works first before messing with WiFi.

OP
B

belfix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for responding. Yep connected via lightning and same thing - did that with wifi on iPad "turned off"and sync over wifi unchecked. I must be doing something basicaly wrong.
best regards

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for responding. Yep connected via lightning and same thing - did that with wifi on iPad "turned off"and sync over wifi unchecked. I must be doing something basicaly wrong.
best regards

Couple things come to mind....
1. Is your computer "authorized" to play your music? (i.e. can you play your music directly in iTunes)
2. Do you have enough memory available on your iPad?
3. Are the paths correct to your actual music located in your iTunes library (your library can show the music but if you moved the files it can't actually find them).

OP
B

belfix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
Couple things come to mind....
1. Is your computer "authorized" to play your music? (i.e. can you play your music directly in iTunes)
2. Do you have enough memory available on your iPad?
3. Are the paths correct to your actual music located in your iTunes library (your library can show the music but if you moved the files it can't actually find them).

Hi, yep, yep & yep. This is what is so strange as I had already "downloaded" ie sync'd 6 albums using iTunes to my iPad about a couple of weeks ago. All I want to do is just "add" a couple of new albums which I got for Christmas. Perplexed??, confused??. Don't know what to do next.
Best regards

OP
B

belfix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Weeeelll..fiddled and got a get-around which really doesn't answer the problem ie whether iPad or iTunes, but does allow me to progress?? Had iTunes on a laptop, but no music etc. Set up file sharing and could see Music etc on PC and "copied" an album from the PC to the laptop library. Attached the iPad to the laptop and performed a sync. Do you know what happened was what it was supposed to do ie removed those albums already on the iPad and replaced them with the single album. Then unticked the one album selection and left me with no music. Then attached the iPad to the PC, selected all the albums that I wanted from the "full set", pressed sync and all my selection was sync'd to the iPad. How about that??
Thanks for all your suggestions, i'll leave thread as un-solved for now
best regards

Most reactions