What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad4 Demo version double trouble!

Sarek1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was given 2pcs of iPad4 Demo version 16GB Wifi for evaluation to find out how they can be adapted to special education purposes. Out of the box, created accounts and got the devices going. Internet use - worked ok. Various other programs and games that were pre-installed seemed to at least display what can be done with them. Two 9-year old kids have tested the device´s and generally they are easy to operate - to a certain extent. The real trouble occurred when I tried to take photographs - they did not stay in the memory when iPad was turned off. Same happened to video clips. The most fantastic thing was that it was possible to take clips that lasted maximum 15 seconds and not more. To make things even merrier, these events happened in a place where there was no Wifi connection available to store the pics and "videos" anywhere. You cannot destroy demo pics, demo albums of course. If you ask me, at the moment s**t - cr*p - iPad is how I feel about these good-looking expensive no-good tinkering toys. :mad: As comparison a Samsung tablet that is also in use has never ever lost pictures or videos and the limitation of a single video clip is far longer than 15 secs... How on earth can I get this demonic demo and all the uninteresting demo pictures and videos away from these iPads? Additionlly can the video camera be put to store more than 15 secs of action and store the videos as long as the user wishes?

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How did you get a demo device? They're not for sale and are supposed to go back to Apple, from what I understand. A normal ipad would not cause you so much trouble.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How did you get a demo device? They're not for sale and are supposed to go back to Apple, from what I understand. A normal ipad would not cause you so much trouble.

I totally agree demo iPads used in stores have special preloaded software that does clean out all Picts or data that is created by users whom try out each app such as cameras etc They are loaded that way so that retail staff do not have to clean up the iPads every time they blink. All staff do is restart the iPad and all data is wiped ready for another demo
I am surprised Apple issued those special models but the same time they are preloaded with data to allow any one to evaluate the iPad prior to purchase. The apps that are loaded are also covered under copy right for demo purposes only and they cannot be removed with out special software so if you have issues discuss that with whom supplied them. The fact that Samsung does retain data means nothing as they were a unlocked device and not "demo" tablets. What is loaded on the iPad are several paid Apps including Apple's products like iMovie etc.

Colin
iPad forums Administrator

Most reactions

Latest posts