What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad4.. any guesses?

What are you looking forward too for the iPad 4?

• Thinner

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Larger Screen

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Lighter

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Faster

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Better keyboard

• Better screen

• More accesories

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
With the ever increasing size of apps,especially gaming apps,I would like to see the maximum available storage on a new iPad increased from the current maximum of 64GB.

Today my 64gb iPad 3 reported that I had 0 gb free. I think something was wrong though as I should have had 5-7 gb free. The iPad seems to get wonky when storage gets low.

Krooked

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 4....My bet would be....they add nothing. Slight tweaks/fixes and maybe a feature or two. But nothing more.
Agreed.

At the very most, there might be a faster processor, more storage, and better wifi performance. There's no reason to even remotely think apple would add much more than that in the next iteration (if they even do that much).

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sir_ben said:
I think the next iPad will have a faster processor and a bigger storage and that's it! The design of the current iPad is great and the screen is absolutely gorgeous.

I have to disagree with you. I really hope they do change the design. I prefer the design of the original ipad to my new one, it just feels better in my hands. But then again that's just my opinion.

With respect to the topic:

As for the fourth generation iPad, better processor (hopefully quad core) and graphics possible, larger storage hopefully, obviously the new dock connector, and wishfully a 1080p front facing camera. It is possible that 3d features may be introduced in the future, but I doubt it would be for the next iteration of the iPad.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Why obviously a new dock connector?

Sorry, misuse of the word. It's not "obvious" but rather likely. If the rumors of the new dock connector for the new iPhone is true, then more than likely it will go to the 4th gen iPad.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sonicrobby said:
Sorry, misuse of the word. It's not "obvious" but rather likely. If the rumors of the new dock connector for the new iPhone is true, then more than likely it will go to the 4th gen iPad.

Currently all iDevices share the same dock connector. Changing that would require duplicating accessories to accommodate different devices using incompatible dock connectors. Until the new iPhone and the next generation iPad are released,rumours are just that. If the rumours are true,then accessory manufacturers will have to make new accessories or offer adaptors to use the old accessories with the new devices.

Last edited:

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Currently all iDevices share the same dock connector. Changing that would require duplicating accessories to accommodate different devices using incompatible dock connectors.

That's what I say, but it doesn't stop companies from using them. If they can create a better or more efficient cable/dock connector, why wouldn't they use it? Such as the switch from all other phones from mini usb to micro USB. If they can reduce the size of components, they could fit more, so it seems likely that someday there will be a dock change.

Also from an economical standpoint, changing the dock would create a new market for the producers to make more money. They would either sell adapters to convert the so rumored "19 pin dock" to the 30 pin dock, or just sell the "19 inch dock" accessories.

But by all means I hope I am wrong. I would like to see all future iDevices to retain identical connectors, I love using the same cable for my iPod classic, iPod touch, iPhone, iPad 1, and iPad 3. I would hate to have to carry around 2 cables; I know it's not much more to carry around, but I'd rather the convenience of carrying around one cable instead of two. But as time goes on, improvements happen, and sometimes it can't be helped but to change the standard. I personally would love to see something like the MagSafe on the iPads.

Edit to your edit: yes I know they are rumors =P so in relevance to the topic, I'm guessing there will be a dock connector change with the iPad 4; it's just a guess. I'm sorry for using the word "obviously" in my previous post, it is misleading.

Last edited:

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Personally, i like my ipad2 just perfectly. It's big enough and fast enough and slim enough to keep me happy. Suits all my needs. Bigger memory, processors, cameras and retinas dont interest me.

But, what would make me happier is additions to iOS that are mpre practical than whats proposed in iOS 6. Ie, numbers on same keyboard as letters, user logins etc etc

theTimo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want support for external usb drives and an SD card slot. Not that the internal storage would be too small at the moment, but I think it'll be way handier to be able to also use external media storage other than iCloud or a Mac.

But I also think this kind of a wishlist is more acute sometime next spring... :)

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPhone that is coming up is expected to have several new features. A new 17 pin dock connector, in-cell touch screens (thinner displays that puts the touch sensors inside the color cells instead of on top), thinner and maybe better cameras, and obviously, 4G. There is strong indicators that a 7-8 inch iPad will be released in September. It will probably have the features that the next iPhone has, and an IGZO screen. The next iPad should have better cameras, the 17 pin connector, and may have a different screen design, only if it will be a net gain to the consumers. Do not think Apple would not change the dock connector. The original iPod used FireWire and they know that as long as they make adapters available, the public will adapt. They may not like it, but sometimes we need to change.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it might be a silent update without any fanfare with only updated specs. Apple already has done that to the iPad 2. (Yes, you've heard that right).

Sent from K48

Most reactions

Latest posts