What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad3G in china

OP
F

FirstApple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I have roaming enabled. I tried CMNET for all three entries and then 3gnet for all three but nothing. It says "Could not activate cellular data network ' You are not subscribed to a cellular data service'

Any other ideas? I am guessing it has to be some setting because of the fact we took the card out and put it into my wireless usb card and it worked.

My other friend just brought his iPad along with 3g service from unicom and he has the exact same problem. So all three of us now. I am not sure if this help but now my safari is frozen up so to check I have to go to my gmail client.

Any other ideas? Thanks!

I am suspecting china unicom changes their setting depending on the place. 2 months ago i am using my ipad in zhuhai to shenzhen without any issues. After 2 months, the 3G icon has gone. I never change the apn (3GNET) ever since. I have transferred my sim to newly bought ipad from us and also no 3g icon.
Any carrier from china that will work on ipad?

OP
F

FirstApple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 3G sim is now working back again. Check my post on another thread.:)

ipad 3gsolutions

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.3gsolutions.com.cn
Hi,

I have bought china unicom standard SIM and follow the instruction from ipadone on manual cutting the sim. However, I lost my ATT microsim so I just cut the sim to make sure the contact points are not damage.
In short, my iPad can not detect my sim and showing NO SIM even I power on my data device.

Any one who have tried manual cutting?
Thanks in advance. :)
There are many different types of Sim cards, some of which after cutting down works on iPad, but some not.

China iPad 3G sim card rental (www.3gsolutions.com.cn/page/ipad3grental )

Last edited:

ipad 3gsolutions

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.3gsolutions.com.cn
Hi, I am about to buy a China Unicom SIM and cut it down to put in my iPad. Do I need to know the APN settings for China Unicom on the iPad or will it just work when I install it. I am using an iPad purchased in Canada and I am trying to operate it in Beijing? Any help appreciated.
It just work when you install it. For some types of sim cards, maybe manual APN setting is needed. If so, please just input APN as "3gnet" and leave USERNAME & PASSWORD as in blank.

Last edited:

ipad 3gsolutions

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.3gsolutions.com.cn
There is another way to get your iPad connected to internet. Establish a Mobile WiFi hotspot for as many as 5 WiFi-enabled devices (iPad, celluar phones, iTouch, Windows PC, Mac book, etc) to get connected.

China MiFi Hotspot Rental (www.3gsolutions.com.cn/page/mifirental)

Attachments

• mifi hotspot @ 3gsolutions.jpg
    mifi hotspot @ 3gsolutions.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,426
Last edited:

Most reactions