Ipad3 sounds.

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by Daryleciok, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Daryleciok

Daryleciok iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Here's one for ya. My ipad 3 will play sound in certain videos but not others. It will not play sound in games or will not play any system sounds. Last night my son pulled up a video on facebook with his ipad 3'and played it with sound. Then I pulled the same vid up on my facebook and I had no sound. I downloaded a guitar app and found I get no sound. Same with Angrybirds. I go to Fox News videos and they play just fine, same with The Daily. I did a reset and it did not help. I did a full reset on Itunes and it did not help. Does anyone know what could be going on?
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,207 / 1
    You've probably got the iPad muted. Normally mute only affects system sounds and alerts, but depending on how the developer coded the app it may mute those apps as well. I believe Apple offers guidelines to developers on what should mute/not-mute, but it's not always followed properly.

Muting is either controlled with the slide switch next to the volume buttons or from the multitask bar, depending on your settings.

iPad: Understanding the side switch