1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad3 screen brightness keeps varying.

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by nick vialls, Nov 20, 2012.

1. nick vialls

nick vialls iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi had my Ipad3 since August , worked great until recently but now after its been on a while the brightness or contrast alters in intensity. Seems to get worse the more its used.

Has anyone else had this problem and did Apple replace the ipad or send it for repair ?

[​IMG]
  2. iZach

iZach iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Check in your settings to see if auto brightness is turned on. Let me know how it goes.

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF
  3. The OB

The OB Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819 / 1
    G'day Nick and welcome to the forum. Try the above suggestion but if no go, do a reset/reboot known to fix things whenever an iPad starts to act "strange". Simultaneously hold down the On/Off and the Home buttons. The screen will go dark. Keep holding until the white Apple logo appears.(Could be 30-40 seconds). Then when it appears, let the buttons go. Wait and then slide the On button and hopefully your iPad is out of its misery. Don't worry that procedure in no way harms your machine, merely tidies up memory. As the above poster said, let us have your feedback as that benefits others. Regards, Andrew
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012