What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad3 black or white?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Zergslayer69 said:
Black for me. I like all my gadgets to match.

Yes!! :D

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's a really good point and definitely worth consideration. Even though movie watch is not high on my list of things to do on my iPad, I don't want to ruin the experience when I do watch a movie. Black for me.

Just a downside of getting a Black one is Smudges and Fingerprints show more on the Black Bezel than White...

SquiderDragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
White is the signature color of Apple. "cheap" doesn't apply. That being said, my iPad2 is white and I really like it but my new iPad is black to eliminate any confusion. I think many are using this logic. They are just getting the opposite color to keep it distinguishable.

Exactly my approach. Black iPad one so the New iPad on confirmed order will be white. In reality though as both will be contained within an Otterbox defender case its a moot point :).

Mikekan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The black is always better as it creates a better contrast with whatever is shown on the screen. For example in Cinemas there is always a black outline-letterbox in the screen.

White of course is better in showing off your ipad, whatever is most important for you.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mikekan said:
The black is always better as it creates a better contrast with whatever is shown on the screen. For example in Cinemas there is always a black outline-letterbox in the screen.

White of course is better in showing off your ipad, whatever is most important for you.

Yes, the white is more noticeable in public!!!! I don't show off iPads on the public subway, I'd rather keep it than have it ripped off.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Black. White is nice to . I bought a white one then decided to replace it with black. Walmart had no problem exchanging.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Black. White is nice to . I bought a white one then decided to replace it with black. Walmart had no problem exchanging.

For the 3rd Gen iPad Walmart might have to wait awhile before being able to sell them.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wildfire said:
For the 3rd Gen iPad Walmart might have to wait awhile before being able to sell them.

Why would one purchase an iPad at Walmart? Just curious.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With literally every gadget from phone to tablets are black...getting the white ipad makes sense as it looks different and people know from far what u are using and its not any other tab :p just kidding but WHITE iPad just looks more fun and does not look like a Digital photo frame.

Sent from my iPad 2 white 64 gb (ios 5.0.1) using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
zman said:
Buy your iPad, some Corona Lights and Doritos all at the same time :D Why not?

Nah. Unless it is 50% cheaper, I'd rather buy from the Apple Store ;)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
augustya said:
If u r ok making a feminine statement :p

White is too girly for me and I am a GIRL!!! Lol.

Sting67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a no brainier.. White is distracting, shows dirt, and can blemish when becoming warm. Also it can age depending on your environment! Black is an obvious choice and I'm surprised people even contemplate white iDevices!

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TudorVasile said:
for me i choose white since it looks elegant and catches my eye more than the black. the problems are that you xan easily see the fingerprints and dirt. Black hides the dirt and fingerprints but if i was to place the black ipad on the floor in a dimmed light area i might accidently step on it like i did on my black iphone 4, this is harder to see for me.
in the end its more about what it does than how it looks.

Actually, about dirt/fingerprints, the opposite is more true.

Most reactions

Latest posts