What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad3 black or white?

kaka222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While ipad3 has retina display Which one will look good with hd display white or black?

Last edited:

iouone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a black iPad 2, so I went with a white iPad 3. Tracking shows it in Kentucky this morning.

Vertigo1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry but personally I think white iPhones and iPads just look cheap compared to the black ones. I don't know exactly why - maybe it's that they just look a bit more 'plasticy'?

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
White is the signature color of Apple. "cheap" doesn't apply. That being said, my iPad2 is white and I really like it but my new iPad is black to eliminate any confusion. I think many are using this logic. They are just getting the opposite color to keep it distinguishable.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just got a white iPhone 4S, which I think looks nice. My iPad 2 was black. I thought seriously about getting a white iPad 3, but after seeing so many of them in the apple iPad event, I have decided that I just don't like the iPad in white. The non screen part is rather wide and I just prefer that in black, so I'm getting black again. So white phone and black iPad for me for the next two years, I'm skipping the next iPad refresh (most likely).

sunking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really? Black or white? Which should you get?

I understand the questions about capacity, wifi and 4G....but what color? The color has zero effect on the device and its capabilities. Get whatever looks good to you?

Oh...and should I wear my black or blue tshirt today?

Wow...

Vishal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sunking said:
Really? Black or white? Which should you get?

I understand the questions about capacity, wifi and 4G....but what color? The color has zero effect on the device and its capabilities. Get whatever looks good to you?

Oh...and should I wear my black or blue tshirt today?

Wow...

What about you don't wear anything? Just joke

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the black iPad and a white iPhone 4s. It's up to you really. I wanted a change when I got my 4s. Will probably get a black I device again next

Airtent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
White may trick the eye into thinking the screen is not as bright or detracts from it. I thought about a white 2, but none were available. Glad i went with black after hearing that.

K4LK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While ipad3 has retina display Which one will look good with hd display white or black?

If you plan on watching movies, TV shows or music videos then go black. There's a reason why letterbox bars are black, so you focus on the content. I would not want a white border surrounding my letterboxed movie.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
K4LK said:
If you plan on watching movies, TV shows or music videos then go black. There's a reason why letterbox bars are black, so you focus on the content. I would not want a white border surrounding my letterboxed movie.

That's a really good point and definitely worth consideration. Even though movie watch is not high on my list of things to do on my iPad, I don't want to ruin the experience when I do watch a movie. Black for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts