1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad3 battery draining fast? anybody have this problem .

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Beachgirl, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beachgirl

Beachgirl iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have my new iPad (64, wifi and 4G) since Friday, I have charged it almost every day. It was showing 100% yesterday when I went out to Starbucks and connected to their wifi to get my emails and searched the web for around 20 min, I do not have ATT subscription yet, I can only use it on wifi, however after 1.30-2 hours of working on it mainly getting and replying to emails (heavy emails), plus downloading NoteShelf that took a while to download, the battery showed like 50% after 2 hours, I'm surprised, I even did not view videos or played games and so on, I did work on Noteshelf for 20 min or so trying to get to see how it works.
    I'm not sure what is going on, how come they say battery life is 9-10 hours, I can't see this happening to my iPad, can you please post what is your battery life and what things drain the battery fast?
    I tend to keep the screen brightness high as I have bad eyes and hate dark stuff, my iPhone, Mac pro and now iPad all set to medium to high brightness, I feel depressed with lower light, LOL :)
  2. seneca18

seneca18 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Strange. I do not have this problem at all. In fact I decided to do a full battery cycle on my new iPad and it took for ever for it to drain. I did a normal days use with it then left my slingbox app running and it still wasn't dead by morning.
  3. harveyronn

harveyronn iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Strength to listen, I never face this problem yet now with my ipad battery. It causes perhaps your battery's life over or it affected with some interruptions. I charged my ipad when it need for charging, avoid to charge it in the off mode.
  4. Ehan01

Ehan01 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am having this exact same problem. My battery drains to 50% in just 2.5 hours. I have an iPad 2 as well, and it lasts twice as long as my new iPad when I do the same kinds of things on it. I am at an Apple Store right now trying to get this resolved. I will report on the results.
  5. Seadog

Seadog Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    This issue is discussed in the iPad 3 forum. I am going to close this thread instead of adding it to the several others there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.