What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad2 wifi stops working sometimes but shows signal :/

danx55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi all,

ive seen a post on hear about issue with the cover and magnets etc but i dont have a cover on mine....or a big magnet near it ;)

after a while the wifi stops working - but signal at top still shows full :/ odd

anyone had same and figured it out ?

its on the latest os update - maybe a fix in os5 :D

cheers
dan

Oops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Dan,

I have never experienced that issue before.. Or heard of it from anyone.

Is it not perhaps the actual Internet connection interrupting / dropping? A Wifi route will always broadcast the ssid and allow you to connect showing full signal, but the Internet could be down.

Just a thought and maybe something to check.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers

OP
D

danx55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi

thanks for quick reply

yes it could be i guess - the pc connection was running a bit slower than normal, but still worked

work around was just to bounce the wifi setting on pad - seemed to bring it back this time - although other times it hasnt

cheers
dan

francescayoga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad stopped connecting to wifi

I know my internet connection work on other devices but my ipad does not connect despite the fact that I can see the WIFI signal at the top left hand side of my Ipad. can you help with some suggestion?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to 'Settings', 'WiFi' - can you see your WiFi network SSID (name) there? It may be your iPad is trying (or has) joined a public WiFi hotspot. Check to see that the 'tick' mark is next to your network's name.

Tim

verbalj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this issue when I first received the iPad 2. There's another thread on this somewhere that I replied to.

First, try resetting the network settings.

If that doesn't work (and it didn't for me), reset all settings. No, you won't lose anything, you just need to reconfigure all your settings again.

This worked for me.

Most reactions