What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 wifi and sound issues

Kish27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I have iPad2 wifi model and it has couple of issues.

It stopped detecting the wifi routers even though my iPhone and iPad Air can detect and connect to the network.

I tried resetting option and even erased all data and made it like brand new device, still no use. It used to detect network but the signal strength was low even though other devices next to it have full signal. But after resetting the iPad it stopped detecting the network

Sound also became very low and I tried all options mentioned in the forum

Pls suggest a way out

Thanks
Kish

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello,

I have iPad2 wifi model and it has couple of issues.

It stopped detecting the wifi routers even though my iPhone and iPad Air can detect and connect to the network.

I tried resetting option and even erased all data and made it like brand new device, still no use. It used to detect network but the signal strength was low even though other devices next to it have full signal. But after resetting the iPad it stopped detecting the network

Sound also became very low and I tried all options mentioned in the forum

Pls suggest a way out

Thanks
Kish

It's a good possibility that this is a hardware related issue. To find out for certain, it would be best to go to your nearest Apple Store and have them run a diagnostic on the device. They can tell you then if it is hardware related or software. If it's hardware related and your warranty is expired, then they can give you an estimate of the repair costs.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Probably not the issue, since you said it doesn't seem to detect the signal. But restarting the router will often help a device connect again. Router's can get finicky about what devices they let connect. Just because other devices are working is no guarantee that restarting the router won't solve the problem for another device.

Worth a try, anyway.

Most reactions

Latest posts