What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 vs macbook

salem2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide which one I want to purchase. I've always wanted a MacBook, but I love the portability of the ipad2. I have an iphone4 and use it for everything. I'm thinking by the time I buy the 32gb wifi & 3G iPad and I'm also having to buy a new PC (I'm buying the e-machine bundle at Walmart for $299) I would have spent the same amount of money on a MacBook. I need the new PC b/c I haven't been able to sync my phone or any of our phones (we have 4 iPhones) since we bought them. I've always heard that apple MacBooks never crash or get viruses like a PC does. And I've heard iTunes runs better on the MacBook. What kind of operating system does the MacBook come with? I'm use to windows and don't really won't to spend the money on it. Any advice??

macfoxpro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Snow Leopard for now but if you was to buy a Mac in the next few weeks you will have the new Lion OS....AND WILL LOVE IT!!!!!!
I have a MBP and will never go back to a Windows machine ever again!

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to build PC's and was always battling Spanish, spyware and viruses on my Son's computer in particular. Since I bought Mac's in 2005 for the entire family I have never had to be concerned with defragmenting,spam, viruses...

You will find the switch to Apple computers to be very intuitive and relatively easy. There are just many things such as device drivers, connecting to a network, adding a printer..... That you won't have to worry about because Apple has done the work for you.

Your computer won't slow down over time like PC's do because the file system doesnt get fragmented among other reasons.

If I had the means to buy a Mac or a pc I would choose a Mac every time.

dogenia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Macbook, Iphone 4 and Ipad. The HP Probook has been enlisted with the gf.

I can sync both Iphone and Balckberry with the Mac. Never had any issues with the Mac yet either. Let's not talk about the Windows 7 machine. My Wifi printer decided it's time to reinstall the drivers for windows again recently. Pain in the *(&(@#&&(@#(@**.

Go Mac, cant go wrong.

laserguy007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Get a Mac Mini(if you have a Hi Def flat screen with a free HDMI port) use that as your monitor and get a wireless keyboard and mouse. That's what I did but instead I use the iPad as keyboard and mouse.

Sent from my iPad 2 White 64GB + 3G Verizon using iPF

OP
S

salem2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I'm sold on the MacBook! Thanks for the info guys! Can't wait till I get mine, guess I will have to wait on my ipad :(

kzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a Windows admin and an iPad 1, iPad 2, iphone 4, iMac, MacBook Pro and Alienware Laptop owner... I use my MacBook pro more than I do anything else. iPad 2 is great for when you are on the couch or are tracking stuff... But anything like word processing, financial, etc... MacBook wins hands down and it's not close. You will be so much more productive.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
While I agree with all that was said about the Macbook, I think it would be best to start with the cheap PC and the iPad. Of course, we all have different needs.

Last edited:

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a Dell and an iPad 2. To me it is much better than a MacBook alone. Again, it is all about needs and timing.

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig / using iPF

MMIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am an IMac and MacBook Pro owner. Since receiving the Ipad2 as a gift, I have rarely picked up my MacBook Pro. I use the Ipad2 for just about everything. It is obviously more portable and, for my needs, proves to be a laptop replacement. Good Luck!

Most reactions