What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 very slow after iOS8 install!

Tahoechris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wait for a few days. The new software needs some time to work as expected. Perhaps it'll need a while to get this back to normal.
Wait for a few days. The new software needs some time to work as expected. Perhaps it'll need a while to get this back to normal.

☞Just turned off password lock, did a hard reboot and all icons came back...this is a glitch related to 4# passcode lock I'm thinking?
Thanks so much for your help; think you experts need to stay on top of this one...
FFA5CD67-BFBF-4990-AB20-B8E68EA2F900.PNG

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. I use 4 digit passcode lock, but didn't have this problem.

Thank you for posting your solution! It might help someone else.

Tahoechris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting. I use 4 digit passcode lock, but didn't have this problem.

Thank you for posting your solution! It might help someone else.

☞Mine's a iPad 2/32k 3G/Verizon running only on wifi now if that helps.
I was using a long password before reset but right now I'm not risking it till this works itself out.
No one has access to my pad but me and it never leaves the house so...
Hope this isn't as big a glitch as wallpapers & VPN issues; they were never really properly worked out and I was forced to find my own solutions. Thanks Again ....

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not only is my iPad 2 running slowly, but it is running down my battery at an alarming rate. Have turned off everything that is mentioned in the forum, such as background app refresh etc, but today I have used it for no kore than half an hour and the previously fully charged battery now shows 63%. On investigation the battery usage part of general settings shows 6 hours on standby and 4 hours usage, mainly on the home/lock screen (50% of the time). I always leave the iPad locked by my cover and have not had this happen before. At this rate the battery will be fully drained by this evening with VERY little use. Does anyone have any thoughts ?

As I write this on the iPad the battery has dropped another 2% !

UPDATE. Have now made sure all notifications set to never, mail update to manual, all location services set to off except Find My Ipad, and it's dropped another 5% !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jon229

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Slow & choppy on iPad2
Is there a path to go back to iOS-7?
Can iTunes restore take me back to iOS-7 or is that data only?

kfhaggerty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alas; my research thus far suggests no revert process. Once upto iOS 8, you're stuck with it. I have too many problems to list. I'm about ready to do a reset-to-factory. It's that bad. Hoping that makes it better.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Alas; my research thus far suggests no revert process. Once upto iOS 8, you're stuck with it. I have too many problems to list. I'm about ready to do a reset-to-factory. It's that bad. Hoping that makes it better.
Use iTunes to restore. If you have problems, this is the way to go.

jon229

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say use iTunes, are you saying that a restore from backup is not just data but the OS also? I'm under the impression I have to restore the OS from a .ispw and then do the data from iTunes. Am I mistaken?

Thanks,

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you try to restore from a backup made in iOS 8, there may be some problems.

You need the 7.1.2 firmware file specific to your device to be able to revert to this software. You have to use iTunes on the computer to get it done.
If you search for "revert iPad from iOS 8 to iOS 7.1.2", you'll get some pretty good descriptions of the procedure.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Strangely enough, after 2 or 3 resets mine is settling down and most of the seeming problems I had no longer exist. Don't ask me why.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Strangely enough, after 2 or 3 resets mine is settling down and most of the seeming problems I had no longer exist. Don't ask me why.

The new iOS installation just has to settle down and reindex after installation. I think that many of the users reporting problems will find those problems gone or significantly diminished after a few days, just like you noticed.

emoreira

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will wait a few weeks for new updates. Last time when I updated to IOS 7 my Ipad 2 became deadly slow. New updates came and now it works as it should. Now running IOS 7.1.2

Most reactions

Latest posts