What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 to itunes sync issues

chrisandsarah06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I set up my iPad2 with my existing itunes account from my ipod. But, when my iPad2 was syncing songs, it only synced the ones from cd's...not any previously purchased songs from the itunes store. Do I have a settings issue, or can it not sync purchased songs from a different device?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are all the songs in the iTunes library on the computer?

If not, then connect your iPod, in iTunes right click on the iPod under the Devices lists and transfer the purchases. After, hopefully all songs transfer, connect your iPad, select it in iTunes, and double check the Music sync options.

Sync.

If the music is on the computer, can you play it on the computer?

If you can't it should ask you to authorize the computer to play the music. Do so using the same iTunes account you use for your iPod. Then like before, connect the iPad, check settings, and sync.

Please let me know if this helps, or not.

OP
C

chrisandsarah06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Are all the songs in the iTunes library on the computer?

If not, then connect your iPod, in iTunes right click on the iPod under the Devices lists and transfer the purchases. After, hopefully all songs transfer, connect your iPad, select it in iTunes, and double check the Music sync options.

Sync.

If the music is on the computer, can you play it on the computer?

If you can't it should ask you to authorize the computer to play the music. Do so using the same iTunes account you use for your iPod. Then like before, connect the iPad, check settings, and sync.

Please let me know if this helps, or not.

I think i got it to work, but I have any probes I'll let ya know. Thanks!

TCT317

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes to new iPad music transfer issue

I have CD's loaded to my computer in iTunes and I and I am able to play the music. This music is also on my iTouch.

When I sync, my music does not transfer to the iPad2.

Any suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
With your iPad connected to the computer, go to iTunes and select the iPad under the Devices list. Then go to the Music tab and see what your music sync options are set as. These settings are unique to each device.

Most reactions

Latest posts