What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 showing black thin lines when browsing

j_fern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently purchased my ipad2 and discovered this thin black line when browsing the net only doing zoom in/out, it comes short and sometimes long and moves with browsing as landscape or portrait, anybody had the same experience? Or should I return this and get a new one?

Sent from my iPad

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried rebooting the iPad? With the iPad turned off, press and hold the Power and Home buttons until the white Apple logo appears. It can take quite a time (up to 20 seconds) before the logo appears. The iPad will then reboot - again, this takes a while. See if the problem persists. If it does, then - as the previous poster suggested - it looks very much like a hardware fault and you should receive a replacement iPad. Backup first before returning your iPad to the Apple Store in case, as they frequently do, they offer you a replacement there and then.

Tim

OP
j_fern

j_fern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Tim and Poser- thanks much for tHe replies appreciate it, done what u suggested and at the moment it's not showing so let's see in a couple of days, am happy browsing again, cheers!:)

Sent from my iPad

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great news - let's hope it stays that way. Unless the problem re-occurs I wouldn't fret too much - the iPad is like any other computer in some respects and occasionally suffers from unpredictable issues which, unless they recur frequently, can safely be ignored.

Let us know if the problem crops up again.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts