What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 shipments

Dubebone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really crazy what happened in the last 24hs... Everywhere they r sold out, though there are rumors of a new shipment today. I just ordered it online, and I'll get it by apr 6th!
But last year I got mine earlier despite to the announced shipment date. As far as I know, the demand for the 3g models is higher, I ordered a wifi 16gb.
What do u guys know?

Nugga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine (32gb wifi) 6:58 am yeasterday and shipping date says first of April, so i think all orders have for some reason been delayed for 2-3 weeks.
One other thing is i think you are quite wrong on the demand on 3g models, i actually think the Wifi models sells better. Especially after Apple launched the tethering for the plan. Please also keep in mind that Apple might not actually be making the same amout of every model. For example if 23% of the Ipad 1'st gen sold were 16gb wifi only, then Apple probably is gonna make about 23% of the 2. gen Ipad 16gb wifi only.

I'm a little worried about the shipping dates too. I mean if the Ipad will ship at the first of April in US how can Apple start selling it in the rest of the world at 25. March? I think there is a good chance that the launch outside US may have been delayed a bit.

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the 32 gig wifi AT&T on Friday morning at. 4:00am eastern time. Ship date is 3-5 days. From Friday

Trav29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered 32 GB WiFi at 5:26 AM EST, got shipping tracking number and it will be here on Thursday.

taikoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered 2 white 16g wifi at 12:53 am pst. Still in prepared for shipment.

OP
D

Dubebone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine at 8pm ET yesterday... I am still hoping that I'll get it earlier in the store or that the shipment will he rescheduled.
But yay, my leather smart cover has already been shipped, maybe I'll just try to attach it to my iPad one, lol.

Nugga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine at 8pm ET yesterday... I am still hoping that I'll get it earlier in the store or that the shipment will he rescheduled.
But yay, my leather smart cover has already been shipped, maybe I'll just try to attach it to my iPad one, lol.

I don't think you are in luck.
I ordered mine at 6:58 am yeasterday and it says shipping on the first of April, but maybe it depends where in USA you live? Mine is getting shipped to VA

OP
D

Dubebone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It said that mine is about to be shipped on April 1st, too... I live in CT, and all IPads are sold out here. An apple store employee just advised me to come back on Monday, but I really have the feeling that I'll have to wait for the online ordered one... :(
Any news on how much they sold on the first day? I can't find anything.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No sales figures officially announced, but I saw a few places estimate 600,000 to be sold the first weekend.

digitalbits6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I happened to check the Apple Store Friday on-line at 1:15am PST (4:15am EST) and almost ordered it on-line. But since I read articles that the lines would not be so long, I decided to go to AT&T or Target or Best Buy instead. I drove by the Apple Store at 3pm and the line was 250 - 300 long. I visited AT&T - none until next week sometime, Target only had 10 16GB models, so I lined up at Best Buy. They handed out 50 tickets and I was about 10 people too late at 4:45pm. So I went back to the Apple Store which was now 350 - 400 people long and decided to order on-line.

Got my order in Friday, 3/11 at 5:45pm PST (8:45 EST) and it says shipping on April 1 for a white 64GB 3G AT&T version, but delivery by April 8th. We'll see, I've been lucky in the past with them shipping and delivering sooner.

Inasense7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Put my on-line order in for the Ipad 2 64gb 3g/ Wi-fi at 4:20 am and my Ipad 2 has not shipped out yet. Hopefully I get the shipping email soon. Living in Long Island, New York.

al210

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered 64GB WiFi White and 32GB WiFi White. My order was placed at 1:01AM Pacific time.

Just got shipping notice for the 32GB only. The 64GB I had custom engraving so I guess thats why it did not ship with the 32GB.

Also I see its shipping from China? Delivery on the 16th.

Trav29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered 64GB WiFi White and 32GB WiFi White. My order was placed at 1:01AM Pacific time.

Just got shipping notice for the 32GB only. The 64GB I had custom engraving so I guess thats why it did not ship with the 32GB.

Also I see its shipping from China? Delivery on the 16th.
Is your status "Package received after FedEx cutoff"?

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is your status "Package received after FedEx cutoff"?

That's what mine is still on for my 32GB black wifi. Guess that means it missed the plane Saturday. Hasn't updated yet so maybe there isn't a Sunday plane (it's already late Sunday night there).

So hopefully they'll go out tomorrow. Should still get to us by the Thursday estimate as they fly it to the US (probably Alaska) and the probably fly it to the closest big hub, then drive it from there to the local shipping center and then to delivery.

Most reactions

Latest posts