What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 Screen Damage or Display Damage

Freeksta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've got my iPad2 for 2months now, and just the other day noticed a gooey splash on the screen...

So today I've taken it to the iStore and the guys tell me that it's moisture damage, and this is a charged repair...

has any1 heard of or experienced similar???

Last edited:

brogan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, From past experience in the cellular repair industry, The term "moisture damage" refers to the components getting wet and displaying signs of oxidation, looks similar to the build you get on your car battery terminals (if you seen this before). Basically what hey saying to you that the components got moisture through liquid e.g wet hands or humidity e.g change in ambient room temperature. It's a tricky statement trying to explain to a customer with out physically showing them the damage and then the inevitable question how did moisture get in there. Well look at the way you use the device where you place it and how and where the device get used. Some people charge devices near the kettle so when they boil water for coffee the steam of the boiling kettle gets in the device. Hope this helps you cheers.

Most reactions

Latest posts