What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 recognized as iPhone after linera1n patch - Needs help !

twitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello !
I'm having big troubles with my iPad 2.

I tried to jailbreak it applying "linera1n" patch (normally it would not work but I found a tutorial - probably a fake - which was saying that was working).

So I did not jailbreak my ipad + now it goes to recover mode and it's recognized as an iPhone by iTunes ?

Can somebody please help me on this (I think my system was 4.3.2 before patch).

I knew it was fake, but tried it anyway (too stupid on this :-( )

Thanks for any help !

one_crazy_dude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try this. Search the Internet on how to put iPad in DFU. iTunes should find it as iPad and restore

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF App

OP
T

twitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer.
I've already put it in DFU (I have the logo with the usb cable telling me to connect to itunes), but iTunes recognizes it as iPhone :/

OP
T

twitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Questions :
- Is there a way to install the ipsw i want (because I have the right ipsw on my hd, but iTunes does not load it !)
- Can I first restore a iphone system, and the the ipad one

Thanks a lot for answers

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
WOW. You should have checked our hacking section first! All iPad2 jailbreaks are fake I'm afraid.

It is unlikely any damage was done to your iPad. There is no way the JB could get through the bootloader. So, first thing is to get out of DFU mode. You don't want to be in this mode at all.

Ho;d the home and power buttond together for 10 seconds, then let go of BOTH (you are not trying to get into DFU, you are trying to get out). Then after a couple of seconds press the power button. This should reboot the iPad. Hopefully it will reboot fully. Let us know what happens after you try this please. If it does not work we can look at some other solutions...

OP
T

twitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello !
Thanks for help.
I tried doing what you told me but here is the result :
I press HOME+POWER when I see the "itunes connect" logo :
i count 1 2 3 ... and around 7 it goes off, the on and displays the apple, the the "itunes connect" logo. If I try faster... (and release buttons), I goes off, then on, and still the itunes logo :/

Note: I've plugged the iPad 2 on wire power (maybe I should not ?)

I have to go now, so I will retry later but I looks that it's in bad state :/

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad2 is now in a recovery mode loop.

You need to see if you can kick it out by using TinyUmbrella - Download it from here - The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

Close iTunes. Start TinyUmbrella and connect your iPad. You should see the iPad appear in the TU interface, select it, and towards the top right, you should see a button that says - "Exit Recovery" - Press this and tell us what happens...

one_crazy_dude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twitty said:
Thanks for your answer.
I've already put it in DFU (I have the logo with the usb cable telling me to connect to itunes), but iTunes recognizes it as iPhone :/

If you have connect to iTunes that is not dfu. Dfu is a black screen and when iTunes recognizes the device and will say has found an iPad in dfu and needs to restore.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF App

Last edited:

ColemanLee09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey that exact same thing happened to me when I got my iPad 2! What happened was my iTunes wasn't updated so when I plugged it in, it kept saying iPhone needs to restore and it would download the current iPhone firmware. Once I updated my iTunes version, it was all fine, it recognized my iPad 2. But my iTunes version was a couple versions back before the iPad 2 came out.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF.

OP
T

twitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone !
thanks for all your advices and sorry if I posted it under the wrong section.
I'm going to try tinyumbrella and itunes update.
Hope that it will work !

OP
T

twitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you everyone, my iPad 2 is working again thanks to tinyumbrella !
It rocks !

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
twitty said:
Thank you everyone, my iPad 2 is working again thanks to tinyumbrella !
It rocks !

You're welcome. Glad we could help. Don't be so silly again! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts