What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 rear skin...

anonaboat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm very interested in ordering a set of skins from "iCarbon.com". However, the fine print on their website says that my At&T sim tray will be covered by the rear product. Question:: does this REALLY make any difference to me? Another way of asking is: why would I care and how often would I need to extract the card anyway?? Thanks BJ, Sacramento

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
only matters if you need to take it out. You could lay the skin on the table, mark where the sim slot is, and then cut that out of the skin.

The skin manufacturer is just too lazy to maintain a "3G version" of the skin with the slot already cut.

OP
anonaboat

anonaboat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, I hear ya...why inventory two products when you can have a single and a disclainer?! I'd probably do the same thing. BJ

tabletkits

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best rear skin is Bodyguardz armor back skin. You can get it for less than $20 on the internet.

OR... you can get back case like Speck SmartShell that snap to your ipad. Price is mid $20ish

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mark0512 said:
The skin manufacturer is just too lazy to maintain a "3G version" of the skin with the slot already cut.

My Bodyquardz rear skin has a hole cut out for the 3G tray!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

I would use this one on mine, however, I am looking for one that does not require the use of liquid to apply it. I have a power support skin on the back of my iPhone 4 that went on dry, but PS doesn't make one for the iPad yet.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Irish Rose said:
I would use this one on mine, however, I am looking for one that does not require the use of liquid to apply it. I have a power support skin on the back of my iPhone 4 that went on dry, but PS doesn't make one for the iPad yet.

I was worried about the wet application too, but I was really please how well it went on. Considering it was the first skin I have ever applied it went on really easily and any bubble came out easily...... I can't say the same for the front though which still looked horrible after a week, so I took it off.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

8gth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mark0512 said:

I don't think it's laziness. The iPad 2 is still relatively new, so a lot of new iPad 2 accessories are still coming out a little bit at a time. I would say in another month or so, we might see pre-cut rear iPad 2 skin protectors.
iCarbons now have a version with the sim tray cutout. I guess they did not back in April when this thread was created.

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
8gth said:
iCarbons now have a version with the sim tray cutout. I guess they did not back in April when this thread was created.

True, although my reply was in reference to the "lazy" comment that was made yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF

blackwind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I order 4 pieces from ebay (US seller send to Aust), should be here sometime next week. I read many review on his products, cheaper and better than icarbon. I have 2 ipad - 1 is wifi and other is 3g, and he has the 3g precut simcard slot.

I will post some pic once i got it

lucyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try another site, I'm not only buy my ipad 2 case from only one store.

Most reactions

Latest posts