1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad2 printing --HELP!

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by lwilliams, Dec 28, 2011.

1. lwilliams

lwilliams iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is there a good way to print from iPad to a NON-airprint printer. I have looked a at few in AppStore, but it looks like they require you to export your data into a separate app to print. What are guys using to make this happen?
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +785 / 0
    Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

There are a number of ways to print to a non-Air Print device - for myself (Canon Pixma cabled to a Dell XP computer), I use a $10 program called FingerPrint from Collobos Software HERE - simply requires a small downloaded program on the Dell computer; an icon resides in the notification area - has worked like a charm for me and has been highly recommended in the forum.

In addition, some searching here would be extremely useful - this is an oft asked question and plenty of threads are available discussing the various options of printing from the iPad - good luck in your search!