What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 printer search

yan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad2 Love it but it cannot find my HP 1102w printer. Any ideas?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Only a few AirPrint capable printers will show up on the iPad without a little extra help.

iOS: AirPrint 101

Some other wireless printers (most so I've heard) will show up using the Print n Share and PrintCentral apps. These are an alternate way of printing that do not work directly with the built in Print (AirPrint) feature in most apps. For those few Wi-Fi printers that do not work, or wired printers, they have a companion program for your computer that will make the printers available. The comptuer must be on, of course.

If you have a main computer that is on most of the time you can use a third party program that will make your computer pretend to be an AirPrint compatible printer (and share it's printers). This works with the built in Print option in your apps.

Paid for, and worth it in my oppinion, are FingerPrint (Mac and Windows) and Printopia (Mac only). I like Printopia. It has a few extra features over FingerPrint.

Free is AirPrint Activator (Mac or Windows.) Very basic, only makes the printer show up.

The computer must be on, of course.

OP
Y

yan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for suggestions. I have Print n Share and PrintCentralPro. The latter sees the printer and the printers light flash but : NO print. OH! me.

Sally Marshall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
contact their support team

thru help in the app - its likely to be a simple network setting and they have I consider the best support out of all app providers out here.

Thank you for suggestions. I have Print n Share and PrintCentralPro. The latter sees the printer and the printers light flash but : NO print. OH! me.

Most reactions

Latest posts