What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad2 nonfunction after upgrade

susan pratt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can open windows, but cannot select or scroll. Cannot use settings function as can't scroll to select. email opens, but cannot select any options. what can I do?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

First try resetting your iPad: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, let go of both and let the iPad power up.

Here's something else that you can do if resetting doesn't help:
In case you updated your device using Wi-Fi only, use iTunes on your computer to restore it.
Make sure iTunes is up to date. Backup your iPad (iTunes or iCloud, whichever method you prefer). Then connect your iPad to the computer, select it in iTunes and restore it. You can also use a backup to set it up again afterwards.

After restoring, reset it, using the method I posted above.

Hope that helps.

OP
S

susan pratt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

First try resetting your iPad: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, let go of both and let the iPad power up.

Here's something else that you can do if resetting doesn't help:
In case you updated your device using Wi-Fi only, use iTunes on your computer to restore it.
Make sure iTunes is up to date. Backup your iPad (iTunes or iCloud, whichever method you prefer). Then connect your iPad to the computer, select it in iTunes and restore it. You can also use a backup to set it up again afterwards.

After restoring, reset it, using the method I posted above.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions