ipad2, my best electronic purchase EVER!

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Mikekan, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Jsince80

Jsince80
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    My best purchase thus far, I have had my ipad2 for a week and haven't put it down yet. Already got my moneys worth

2. Poisonivy

Poisonivy
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    While I agree that ipad2 is fantastic,I love mine I prefer my mbp for long periods of browsing,a proper keypad is much better,also you need a disc drive at times,You can't beat the speed and reliability of the gorgeous mbp.

3. Jman09

Jman09
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I should have elaborated more in that first post.
    I agree with you, the Kindle is a superior reader than the iPad will ever be.

But at the time, I wasn't using either for reading because of being busy in school and work. So while I had the time left to get a full refund I jumped at it to get my money back. And decided I would just use the iPad to read when I had time. And after using the iPad to read in the house this whole summer, I am thinking of getting a new Kindle to use and read with it instead. Especially since they have the new 3G+Wifi models for $139 with special offers. The backlight puts too much strain on the eyes in the dark, and that is with the screen dimmed. I really wasn't expecting it to be that bad.

4. Jman09

Jman09
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I agree, if I'm doing any long amounts of browsing and I'm at my house I will use my MacBook connected to my External Monitor.
    But the iPad is great when you just want to sit on the couch or in bed and look some stuff up and don't want to be bothered with the weight of a laptop.

5. ghett0tech

ghett0tech
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    use mine everyday for the last month.

6. Poisonivy

Poisonivy
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    yes,i always have a couple of hours in bed with my ipad2,this is why apple are the market leaders,theyv got it all covered.

7. WMarkJ

WMarkJ
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    @Mikekan So with my new iPad 2, 3g wifi, I was all set to go the the AT&T store and get a free basic phone with my new 2 year contract, saving $30/mo off our $200 family cell phone bill. Who needs an iPhone with an iPad? The rep made a good point, if I cancel though, and have a decision to make.

I am grandfathered in indefinitely in AT&T's $30 unlimited data plan. If I give that up, I can never have it back. A factor in my decision is the idea of hot spot. I have an iPhone 3 now, and could potentially get the iPhone 5 down the road. Will I have an ability to create an iPad hot spot with the iPhone 5 unlimited data plan? If so, perhaps I should keep it?

In addition to the other question, I am wondering if there are lucky folks out there that obtained and kept an unlimited data plan on their iPads like I am able to keep on the iPhone? If so, dang, what a dream world that would be! Thanks in advance for reply. Mark

8. Jman09

Jman09
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    If you want the AT&T mobile hotspot feature to be added to your service it is $20 extra a month and you have to give up the unlimited data. You will have to switch to the $25 2GB plan and add the $20 tether/hotspot plan and you also get an extra 2GB of data with that added.

9. jduncan

jduncan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Might want to check out tmobiles rates. They also roam on ATT.

10. Jman09

Jman09
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Except he was asking about AT&T data plans. That's why I wouldn't look at T-Mobile rates.