What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad2, my best electronic purchase EVER!

Mikekan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello my friends,

just wanted to share my enthusiasm about the ipad2. I am gadget freak, mobiles, tvs, audio systems you name it I have bought it.

I bought the ipad2 a month ago and I can honestly say it is probably my most successful purchase ever.

It replaced my laptop at home for surfing etc.

It replaced most remote devices at my home.

It made me sell my iphone4 as I didn't see any reason having it anymore.

It replaced my book library as I have found most of them in e-books.

I use it for my job as a network engineer to access and monitor servers.

It is very easy to connect with VPN at my work and check my emails etc. \

and loads more.

Sorry I couldnt resist, this is an AWESOME gadget!

Mike

:D

robertrmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would have to agree with you. It's an awesome device :)

Bought mine 2 weeks ago and i've almost not touched my laptop since.

firemanprice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wife brought me mines less than a month ago for our 14yr wedding anniversary. I love this thing. Apple really makes great products, I'm looking forward to getting the iPhone 5 next. I already have the 27' iMac which is also excellent. IPhone 5 will complete all of my apple gadgets.

Veritas4420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had an original iPad and sold it for some reason, bought an iPad 2 and can't remember why I ever sold the first one. Awesome device!

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, my iPad 2 has been one of my best electronic purchases. Keep finding more uses for it and ended up returning my Kindle that I bought the month before my iPad 2.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
It replaced most remote devices at my home.

Wich apps are you using for that ? Did you connect something on your iPad ?

You can use the TeamViewer app that will
connect to remote Windows or Mac desktops.

I use it for work remotely, I work in IT.

TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet

I think he means things like tv remotes, which are IR controlled, hense asking 'do you connect something to your iPad'

raccer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wich apps are you using for that ? Did you connect something on your iPad ?

You can use the TeamViewer app that will
connect to remote Windows or Mac desktops.

I use it for work remotely, I work in IT.

TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet

I think he means things like tv remotes, which are IR controlled, hense asking 'do you connect something to your iPad'

Yes your're right.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, my iPad 2 has been one of my best electronic purchases. Keep finding more uses for it and ended up returning my Kindle that I bought the month before my iPad 2.

That is something I emphatically disagree with personally.

While I think my iPad2 is a decent enough product (with a few serious drawbacks) I would never pick the ip over one of my 3 Kindles for serious reading.

I read a TON and I think the Kindles are far superior to ANYTHING with a backlit screen when it comes to any extended reading.

Jsince80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My best purchase thus far, I have had my ipad2 for a week and haven't put it down yet. Already got my moneys worth

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While I agree that ipad2 is fantastic,I love mine I prefer my mbp for long periods of browsing,a proper keypad is much better,also you need a disc drive at times,You can't beat the speed and reliability of the gorgeous mbp.

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is something I emphatically disagree with personally.

While I think my iPad2 is a decent enough product (with a few serious drawbacks) I would never pick the ip over one of my 3 Kindles for serious reading.

I read a TON and I think the Kindles are far superior to ANYTHING with a backlit screen when it comes to any extended reading.

I should have elaborated more in that first post.
I agree with you, the Kindle is a superior reader than the iPad will ever be.

But at the time, I wasn't using either for reading because of being busy in school and work. So while I had the time left to get a full refund I jumped at it to get my money back. And decided I would just use the iPad to read when I had time. And after using the iPad to read in the house this whole summer, I am thinking of getting a new Kindle to use and read with it instead. Especially since they have the new 3G+Wifi models for $139 with special offers. The backlight puts too much strain on the eyes in the dark, and that is with the screen dimmed. I really wasn't expecting it to be that bad.

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While I agree that ipad2 is fantastic,I love mine I prefer my mbp for long periods of browsing,a proper keypad is much better,also you need a disc drive at times,You can't beat the speed and reliability of the gorgeous mbp.

I agree, if I'm doing any long amounts of browsing and I'm at my house I will use my MacBook connected to my External Monitor.
But the iPad is great when you just want to sit on the couch or in bed and look some stuff up and don't want to be bothered with the weight of a laptop.

Most reactions

Latest posts