What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad2 mirror on laptop with controls

951Michael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I have an ipad 2 and a laptop with windows 7 on it. Can I mirror windows 7 onto my ipad and also be able to operate windows via the ipad. My application will be when I am on the go and I cannot place the laptop on my lap and operate. But I can in this position operate the laptop with the ipad very easily if it is possible and the touchscreen operation is still available. Thanks

Twiser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, I'm using LogMeIn Ignition for an iPad. (moderate - no piracy!)

This the best app for you !

Even if u are in another country you still will be able to control your pc.

All you need is register on their web site,
Install LogMeIn Free on your pc,
Connect your pc to an Internet so is your iPad, and just open LogMeIn on your ipad 2

There is a minus about this App:
1. Your PC have to be always connected to the internet and be on, so you could connect to it.

There is another app called TeamViewer, I have tried it a long time ago, but I liked LogMeIn more than others.

Last edited by a moderator:

1937bruce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out logmein navigator in the app store. I use it all the time to connect to my desktop. There's a slight learning curve, but it's worth it. I've been in Canada (on wifi) and it worked perfectly.

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Supposedly LogMeIn reinstituted the wake-up feature after everyone was complaining about it. I use LMI, but don't know if the wake-up feature works yet.

OP

951Michael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help,

I definitely will give logmein a try. There has been some complaints online about it being slow.

If the computer is in cable connecting reach of me is it possible to do this via a cable so I can get the most speed out of this. Would be much better if I could connect them via wifi/bluetooth when they are close by but probably wishful thinking.

Most reactions

Latest posts