What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 / Mifi

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
twerppoet said:
:eek: Flash back: Reading bulletin board messages faster than they scrolled down my screen, via 300 baud acoustic modem on a C64.

spectrum 48k

ah the days of loading from tapes, only to find something went wrong and you had to rewind and reload lol

or you had the volume wrong

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wytey said:
spectrum 48k

ah the days of loading from tapes, only to find something went wrong and you had to rewind and reload lol

or you had the volume wrong

Sinclair ZX80. Birthday present when I was 10. You had to build it from a kit!

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Sinclair ZX80. Birthday present when I was 10. You had to build it from a kit!

4k Apple ][, cassette player from Radio Shack, not mine but my step-fathers. I think it was my junior year in high school. After it was stolen several years later they found that the serial number was in the low 700's. The last Apple computer I used before my iPad.

OP
N

npad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions.

I think because of the extreme remote area with almost no cell signal I would have to go with Verizon MiFi for whenever I purchase the iPad2.

Although I get anywhere between a 1-3 bar Edge signal on my ATT iPhone when I use the signal booster, Internet access is very iffy. Sometimes it will not even connect and when it does it is indeed s.l.o.w.

With the current Verizon USB modem that I use for Internet access, while I get a weak signal it does allow me to connect my desktop to for acceptable Internet access. I am assuming that my signal would be comparable with the MiFi.

Unfortunately, this may be moot point because according to my account information when I checked online, I am not eligible for an upgrade until May 5012. For some reason I thought my modem contract was only a year contract and up soon. Damn!

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
npad said:
Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions.

I think because of the extreme remote area with almost no cell signal I would have to go with Verizon MiFi for whenever I purchase the iPad2.

Although I get anywhere between a 1-3 bar Edge signal on my ATT iPhone when I use the signal booster, Internet access is very iffy. Sometimes it will not even connect and when it does it is indeed s.l.o.w.

With the current Verizon USB modem that I use for Internet access, while I get a weak signal it does allow me to connect my desktop to for acceptable Internet access. I am assuming that my signal would be comparable with the MiFi.

Unfortunately, this may be moot point because according to my account information when I checked online, I am not eligible for an upgrade until May 5012. For some reason I thought my modem contract was only a year contract and up soon. Damn!

5012 :eek: hope your kidding! lol

try negotiating, like commiting to a further 2 years or something like that, they might be flexible

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts