What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 microphone

mudskipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just recently I have been the testing my sound on Skype and found that my microphone isn't working. Is there anywhere in the iPad where it might be turned off. Any help will really be appreciated. Thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just recently I have been the testing my sound on Skype and found that my microphone isn't working. Is there anywhere in the iPad where it might be turned off. Any help will really be appreciated. Thanks.
Under iOS 7, apps need your permission in order to access the microphone. To do so , go to Settings>General>Restrictions>Privacy>Microphone, and make sure the switch is turned on for Skype. If this doesn't work let us know.

Last edited:
OP
M

mudskipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Under iOS 7, apps need your permission in order to access the microphone. To do so , go to Settings>General>Restrictions>Privacy>Microphone, and make sure the switch is turned on for Skype. If this doesn't work let us know.

Hi, scifan57.

Many thanks for your prompt reply and suggestion. Have done exactly what you suggest but to no avail. Short of throwing it against the nearest wall, What next?

Kindest Regards,

mudskipper.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, scifan57. Many thanks for your prompt reply and suggestion. Have done exactly what you suggest but to no avail. Short of throwing it against the nearest wall, What next? Kindest Regards, mudskipper.
Does the microphone work when using other apps?

OP
M

mudskipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, scifan57. Do not use the microphone with other apps. but on another subject I thought I'd try it by doing a video. That (the camera video) doesn't work either. It will not switch from 'photo' to 'video'. All apps work OK and internet access is OK as well. I'm REALLY at a loss. Incidentally I am an old 'fart' of 74. I'm OK with a good old computer (Windows7) but the Apple iPad2 is driving me crazy. Sorry for all that, I'm sure you will understand. Kindest Regards, mudskipper.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like you may have some issues with your iPad. Have you considered making a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store to have your iPad checked out?

Most reactions

Latest posts