1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad2 microphone

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by mudskipper, Nov 19, 2013.

1. mudskipper

mudskipper iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just recently I have been the testing my sound on Skype and found that my microphone isn't working. Is there anywhere in the iPad where it might be turned off. Any help will really be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,923 / 1
    Under iOS 7, apps need your permission in order to access the microphone. To do so , go to Settings>General>Restrictions>Privacy>Microphone, and make sure the switch is turned on for Skype. If this doesn't work let us know.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  3. mudskipper

mudskipper iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Hi, scifan57.

Many thanks for your prompt reply and suggestion. Have done exactly what you suggest but to no avail. Short of throwing it against the nearest wall, What next?

Kindest Regards,

mudskipper.
  4. scifan57

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,923 / 1
    Does the microphone work when using other apps?
  5. mudskipper

mudskipper iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, scifan57. Do not use the microphone with other apps. but on another subject I thought I'd try it by doing a video. That (the camera video) doesn't work either. It will not switch from 'photo' to 'video'. All apps work OK and internet access is OK as well. I'm REALLY at a loss. Incidentally I am an old 'fart' of 74. I'm OK with a good old computer (Windows7) but the Apple iPad2 is driving me crazy. Sorry for all that, I'm sure you will understand. Kindest Regards, mudskipper.
  6. scifan57

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,923 / 1
    It sounds like you may have some issues with your iPad. Have you considered making a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store to have your iPad checked out?